New Gamer, Looking for Online Game

Lyad

First Post
I've just read through the first chapters in the PHB and wouldn't mind playing a Bard if that would suit - still happy to play anything else though!

Golden

First Post
Use mythweavers (Myth-Weavers - Powered by vBulletin) for character sheets.

Anything you want to play will be fine. I'll check up on the sheets when they're done and see if there's anything wrong.

Just installed Skype, which seems like a good means of communication. Am currently working on the campaign.

Looks like we'll be starting soon. ;)

Lyad

First Post
Hi Golden,

Looking forward to this! I've constructed a bard using a character generator and the point buying method. No idea if this is a good or balanced build, but it matches my rp vision for the character! Can you check it's all legal and ok before I expand on the RP bits?

3.5 Bard :: (Read-Only) - Myth-Weavers

Thanks!

Rob

Fridayknight

First Post
Hey again everyone, could i just get some verification? Are we decided on 3.5ed (i have core books so its cool)? What is the setting (FR/Eberron)? How long will one session last (you know how interruptions like food and students can be)?

Im fine with 4pm GMT on Sundays and looking forward to my first online game of DND.

contact me either through this website or use my email that I will give once everything is sorted out.

Thanks,

Friday

Golden

First Post
A few things I forgot to mention, we'll be using the 28 point point-buy (yours ammounts to 25), and maximum HP for first level, although the next levels will be rolled. Starting gold is the average for your level (in your case 100 gp).

Onto the sheet, you just forgot to fill out your classe's base for saving throws (0, 2, 2). Also, you didn't register your current gold (55 gp), and you have 2 skill ranks more than you should.

Everything else looks fine, though.

Golden

First Post
Friday,

We are indeed set on 3.5. Setting is a standard fantasy world to be fleshed out. I don't know about duration, though. That's up to you guys.

Golden

First Post
Hm, let's see...

You'll be playing in the continent of Col, not the largest track of land on the planet, but close, and certainly the most important. The reason for this importance is that Col is largely believed to be the source of not only all life, but also of existance itself, as it is said to be located around the single point where magic first entered the blankness of the plane, and created the world and everything it contains.

Magic is important here. It competes with religion for the most part (there is one major religious segment, and a few less important ones), but it also made for some gruesome history. In the Age of Madness, the realm underwent conquest by out-of-control wizards and sorcerers, one after the other, but all equally twisted and tyrannical, caused by a "surge" of magical power in the area, effectively saturating it, and making the few who could harness the magical forces "overwhelmed" by them, and quite insane.

This was fixed, of course, and the realm returned to normal. Magical users now-a-days are required to register to be able to practice, though, as a result...

But anyway, races live under a general sense of equality. There is a human kingdom, a dwarven one, and an elven/orcish society (halflings as nomads, with only a tiny patch of land for themselves, but welcome pretty much anywhere, and gnomes being very rare, their race comprised of basically a few tribes that travel through Col their whole lives for reasons no one but them actually know).

There is a fighter school in the human kingdom, and a magic one as well. The halflings have a few monasteries on their lands.

Elves and orcs mantain an interesting bond. They live separately in their cities, and they have different jobs. That's as far as the segregation goes, though, as the two races do everything else together. There is a deep spiritual synergy between the orcs and the elves. They consider themselves two aspects of the same thing, and their whole society is built around that...

And dwarves live in cities carved inside the mountains. Their mountains have crazy mineral wealth, so they're doing just fine.

Those are a few things. As you can see, I need more. So, please do ask any questions you might have.

Fridayknight

First Post
Thanks, that is a really nice summary to build a background out of.

Questions:
how gritty is this campaign?
how combat-orientated will it be?
are we allowed to use other books (i was thinking maybe some sort of half-elf half-orc and the public perception to this)?
What racial antagonisms are there?
are there planes and planar characters?
are there seas and sea powers?
how technologically advanced is the land?
what gods are there?
are there aberrations/monsters often - if so, what are the monsters?
who rules and how?

Sorry, I know that my questions are going to steal away more of your time. Another little point would be to maybe use a dming portal site like obsidian portal ect to build a 'wiki' of the world up. Best wishes and happy Christmas,

Fridayk

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases