The Immortal's Handbook: Gods & Monsters (unfinished)

Howdy Khisanth mate! :)

Khisanth the Ancient said:
Interesting.

But personally I wouldn't start them at Gargantuan -- I'm not sure the more 'humanoid' ones (Echidna, Delphyne) are supposed to be that gigantic -- I made Echidna Large way back when I made those old stats, and I still think that's about right.

Actually, I'd probably give them the ability to change their size, but that's a straight steal from the Chaos trilogy (by John C Wright) -- Echidna in that series is able to size-shift from human size up to miles long.

The female parts of them may still be medium sized (or large) but the totality of their monstrous forms should be bigger in my opinion.

As regards Delphyne and Echidna, if you just keep them medium or even large size then they are no different to lamia or medusa.

Yqatuba

First Post
Hey what were the "doom dragon" and "lunar dragon" going to be like? (they are listed in the monsters). Theres also a chalk golem(?) doesn't seem like such a creature would be epic but oh well.

Hiya Yqatuba mate! :)

Yqatuba said:
Hey what were the "doom dragon"

Did I mean Apocalypse Dragon? I can't remember. :confused:

I know the Eschatolic Dragons were going to be planet destroyers, with the Apocalypse Dragon being the end of matter (ie. Anti-Matter Dragon) and so forth. Kalpa (which may have been the Doom Dragon) was Anti-Time etc.

and "lunar dragon" going to be like? (they are listed in the monsters).

Typhon.

Theres also a chalk golem(?) doesn't seem like such a creature would be epic but oh well.

Its a 2-Dimensional Golem...

Cerne Abbas Dorset - History, photos, tourist attractions. Cerne Abbas holiday cottages, hotels and B&Bs

Howdy Shinmizu! :)

shinmizu said:
You may know them as "kittens." They are the manifestation of the thought, "Squeeee!"

Well I think they are: Reason, Imagination, Sensation and Love.

But then I suppose who needs a reason to imagine the sensation of lovely kittens. :p

Hiya mate! :)

Yqatuba said:
I noticed the book was going to have the orginal Greek titans in it can you tell me some about them?

Well they were (Titanic sized) Greater Gods with Kronos being an Elder One.

I am sketchy on the details but I seem to recall having each of the titans as the progenitor for a species of Giants.

For instance Hyperion was the progenitor of the Sun Giants (Rephaim).

dark_mage said:

Hey there dark_mage! :)

I was wondering if you did any work on the Sumerian/Babylonian pantheon? If so, was it published/released?

Nothing published but I have a big notebook of work done on what I was planning to be a series of Immortals Index volumes that would combine into a Bronze Age book.

Canaanite Mythos
Chinese Mythos
Egyptian Mythos
Mesopotamian (Babylonian/Sumerian) Mythos*

*I know Canaanite and Mesopotamian are sort of the same but studying it I found enough differences to make two really great Pantheons.

So the idea was to have each be a 64 page book with 12 major entries and the rest handled via lists and so forth. Although each entry may have a god and the gods avatar, or wife or some monster(s) associated with the god and so forth. So I listed all the deities and then worked out the 12 that I felt made for the most interesting and varied bunch.

Mesopotamian mythology was always a favourite of mine because it was so extensively used in our campaign.

dark_mage

First Post
Hey there dark_mage! :)

Nothing published but I have a big notebook of work done on what I was planning to be a series of Immortals Index volumes that would combine into a Bronze Age book.

Canaanite Mythos
Chinese Mythos
Egyptian Mythos
Mesopotamian (Babylonian/Sumerian) Mythos*

*I know Canaanite and Mesopotamian are sort of the same but studying it I found enough differences to make two really great Pantheons.

So the idea was to have each be a 64 page book with 12 major entries and the rest handled via lists and so forth. Although each entry may have a god and the gods avatar, or wife or some monster(s) associated with the god and so forth. So I listed all the deities and then worked out the 12 that I felt made for the most interesting and varied bunch.

Mesopotamian mythology was always a favourite of mine because it was so extensively used in our campaign.
Hey U_K! Thanks for the quick reply!

The ideas for the books sound fantastic, can't wait to see the finished product.
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind discussing the Mesopotamian gods? I've been working to adapt them for my campaign, and would like to hear other opinions.

Cheers!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases