The Immortal's Handbook: Gods & Monsters (unfinished) - Page 4
+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 89
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper_Krust View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.


    I think I have Dabbat down as having Strength: 666, Dex 10, Con 555, 38 VSC's and 8 Size Categories. I think he's averaging about 25 million damage per hit.

    I also note Dabbat as having 7 crowns.
    Wouldn't he have to have at least 401 dex? (time lord template gives +400 to all ability scores) Also 25 million damage actually seems kinda low considering time lords have over 1 billion hp

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Yqatuba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Wouldn't he have to have at least 401 dex? (time lord template gives +400 to all ability scores) Also 25 million damage actually seems kinda low considering time lords have over 1 billion hp
    What if he has 1,000 attacks per round, though?

  3. #33
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland, U.K.
    Posts
    9,608
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block Upper_Krust


    ø Friend+
    My communities:

    Hiya Yqatuba mate!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yqatuba
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Wouldn't he have to have at least 401 dex? (time lord template gives +400 to all ability scores)
    Well, a few things, firstly he's going to take a bit of a hit as regards size category penalties to Dexterity. Secondly, he could have swopped his dexterity over for other ability scores. Thirdly, thats my very first notes on him, not a finished stat block.

    Also 25 million damage actually seems kinda low considering time lords have over 1 billion hp
    Thats 25 million as the base before we even start giving him special abilities! Plus he'll probably have at least 10 attacks...7 heads, tail, 2 wings etc.

  4. #34
    Member
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    i'm french (aix en provence)
    Posts
    16
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block hécatonchire


    ø Friend+
    Helioiedes , zoas, intelligible, all are interresting. i hope 3.5 revival.

  5. #35
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland, U.K.
    Posts
    9,608
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block Upper_Krust


    ø Friend+
    My communities:

    Hello there hécatonchire!

    Welcome to the forums!

    Quote Originally Posted by hécatonchire
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Helioiedes , zoas, intelligible, all are interresting.
    I do hope to explore all those concepts at some point in the future. The Intelligibles are pretty cool, the zoas are thoughts given form, creatures sort of 'summoned' by reality warping Pseudonaturals, unlike say the Brood/Slaad, which I see more as physical experimentations of the Far Realm let loose on other planes and evolving from there.

    i hope 3.5 revival.
    Hhmmm.

  6. #36
    Member
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    i'm french (aix en provence)
    Posts
    16
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block hécatonchire


    ø Friend+
    in my campaign ( begined in the darksun world ) , Avangion are atavic pseudonatural hidden in the human genetic code. The avangions forest maker is ancestor of true Avangion, one of races of thought (zoas) .
    I categorized Avangion in two Orders :
    Upper : Starmaker (helioeides who start giant gazeous like jupiter in 2010 space odysseus and create suns in cristal sphere). Worldmakers ( terraformer Avangion), Forest Makers ( start biological cycle)

    Lower : BeastMakers, evolvemakers, and sentientmakers favorising development and evolve of animal and sentient being

    1 starmaker, 9 worldmakers, 9 forestmakers, and so on... like classical panthéons.

    In the past , gods welcame Avangions because they have multiplied Mortal ( potential worshipers and quintescence pool). But rivality take place and avangions was hunted by most of gods and incarcerated i, Darksun sphere.
    After millenia, Few avangion will freedom, few will vengeance, few will mercy...

    Sorry for my english, but i need to write this. i think it s a good idea for a Zoas subspécies.
    I though to a cosmic avangion Cristal Spheremaker in conflit with intelligible or gods of fate... what do you think?

  7. #37
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland, U.K.
    Posts
    9,608
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block Upper_Krust


    ø Friend+
    My communities:

    Bonsoir hécatonchire!

    Quote Originally Posted by hécatonchire
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    in my campaign ( begined in the darksun world ) , Avangion are atavic pseudonatural hidden in the human genetic code. The avangions forest maker is ancestor of true Avangion, one of races of thought (zoas) .
    I categorized Avangion in two Orders :
    Upper : Starmaker (helioeides who start giant gazeous like jupiter in 2010 space odysseus and create suns in cristal sphere). Worldmakers ( terraformer Avangion), Forest Makers ( start biological cycle)

    Lower : BeastMakers, evolvemakers, and sentientmakers favorising development and evolve of animal and sentient being

    1 starmaker, 9 worldmakers, 9 forestmakers, and so on... like classical panthéons.
    Very kewl!

    In the past , gods welcame Avangions because they have multiplied Mortal ( potential worshipers and quintescence pool). But rivality take place and avangions was hunted by most of gods and incarcerated i, Darksun sphere.
    After millenia, Few avangion will freedom, few will vengeance, few will mercy...
    I like the Avangion concept.

    Sorry for my english, but i need to write this.
    No apologies necessary. Always nice to see people taking my ideas and spinning them in different directions.

    i think it s a good idea for a Zoas subspécies.
    There is no right or wrong way to imagine them.

    The following may be interesting to you.

    Vala, or The Four Zoas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    One of my strongest influences (on the direction of my ideas for the zoas) was from the Slaine: Book of Invasions (3 part series).

    [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slaine-Books-Invasions-Moloch-Golamh/dp/1904265820]Slaine - The Books of Invasions: Moloch and Golamh v. 1: Amazon.co.uk: Pat Mills, Clint Langley: Books[/ame]

    I though to a cosmic avangion Cristal Spheremaker in conflit with intelligible or gods of fate... what do you think?
    For some reason I have a mental picture of the Crystalline Entity from the pilot episode of Star Trek: the Next Generation.

  8. #38
    Didn't you say the helioeides template makes you look like a miniature sun? (helioeides means "sun shaped" after all)

  9. #39
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland, U.K.
    Posts
    9,608
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block Upper_Krust


    ø Friend+
    My communities:

    Hey Yqatuba mate!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yqatuba
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Didn't you say the helioeides template makes you look like a miniature sun? (helioeides means "sun shaped" after all)
    True. But gas giant planets that get too big turn into stars/suns. So the idea isn't out of kilter.

  10. #40
    Member
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    i'm french (aix en provence)
    Posts
    16
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block hécatonchire


    ø Friend+
    thank you krust for the links. Your work about immortals and epic rules are the best.
    it's my base for my epic (divine) campaign.
    i ll publish some monsters and templates (3.5 version) one day.
    (now, i try to find good ideas, in reading frank herbert "dune" and all books of brian herbert.)
    Reading sci fi is good for heroic fantasy rpg . i seek to create a good kwisatz haderach's template for humanoid races....

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Cloverfield - The Immortal's Handbook 4E to 3.5 Conversion
    By Alzrius in forum Eternity Publishing Hosted Forum
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: Thursday, 21st January, 2010, 10:18 AM
  2. Gods & Monsters - New Immortals Handbook Supplement
    By Upper_Krust in forum Eternity Publishing Hosted Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Friday, 13th July, 2007, 08:59 PM
  3. Immortals Handbook: Gods & Monsters Art Competition!
    By Upper_Krust in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Thursday, 5th April, 2007, 01:10 PM
  4. Immortal's Handbook continuation thread
    By Dinkeldog in forum Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, and OSR Gaming
    Replies: 475
    Last Post: Saturday, 3rd May, 2003, 06:17 PM
  5. The Immortal`s Handbook
    By Melkor, Lord Of ALL! in forum Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, and OSR Gaming
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: Tuesday, 9th July, 2002, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •