D&D 4E D&D 4E Character Sheet for iPad - Sneak Xmas Preview!

Fast Learner

First Post
No worries, just concerned about the pricing. The IAP upgrade model is a solid one, and establishing yourself with a solid base of users at a good price could really work for this product, I believe. The average iPad app price is closer to $5 right now, hence my concern.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm sure the app was a lot of work; it's amazing how much work simple-seeming things can be. :)

EvilBeeker

Explorer
No worries, just concerned about the pricing. The IAP upgrade model is a solid one, and establishing yourself with a solid base of users at a good price could really work for this product, I believe. The average iPad app price is closer to $5 right now, hence my concern.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm sure the app was a lot of work; it's amazing how much work simple-seeming things can be. :)

Not a problem Fast! ;)

I think my price analysis comes from their iAd marketing data, and is probably a few months old. I had not see the article you referenced (there are sooooo many!).

And for the record ... the most difficult thing about this project so far has been WOTC getting back to me on legal questions! :p

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to all of us with answers to our questions. I'll be looking forward to seeing what the finished product has to offer and if the price point is right for the functionality of it, I'll be one of the first to purchase it and use it for my games.

StuartW

First Post
[MENTION=4023]falcarrion[/MENTION]: I'll get back to you on the rotation question ;)

Just to confirm that the iPad version will allow the screen to be rotated 180 degrees, so that it works fine upside down. It doesn't support landscape mode, however.

Stuart

TxCelt

First Post
Preview looks good. I am also looking at i4e. Any word on when this will be available? Any new adds/changes since last month? Really looking forward to using the iPad in our gaming sessions.

Cheers

StuartW

First Post
I think there will also be a free version, which will have save/email options disabled, so you can see whether it works for you before making a decision. As regards timing, we are slogging through the App Store submission process as we speak, and are to some extent in the hands of the guys from Cupertino...

Stuart

BobTheNob

First Post
Dont want to be too much of a negative neddy here, but we have had our character sheets on IPad since the IPad came out.

We just printed from Character builder to PDF, then imported and used a PDF viewer. Worked like a charm!

If this app doesnt have intellilgence or interativity, cant see using it.

pclaw8

First Post
Any thoughts to making an android app? There aren't much available for us right now.

One other thing, if you simply want to view your character on a tablet, consider printing your character sheet from character builder to a pdf, and put the pdf onto your device.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk Pro

samursus

Explorer
Wouldn't the ability to edit the character sheet be a plus, versus the CB PDF that you cannot edit? I know I would rather be able to make changes on my character sheet as I was playing.

Remove ads