Converting Epic Level Creatures

Shade

Monster Junkie
Shouldn't we fiddle with its ability scores?

Dex 36 seems too good, and its Str and Con seem weak.

Compare the Primal Elementals:

Air Elder: Str 22, Dex 33, Con 18
Air Primal: Str 32, Dex 43, Con 28
Air Elemaster: Str 36, Dex 43, Con 36
Elder => Primal +10 Str, +10 Dex, +10 Con
Prime => Master +4 Str, +0 Dex, +8 Con

Earth Elder: Str 33, Dex 8, Con 21
Earth Primal: Str 43, Dex 8, Con 31
Elder => Primal +10 Str, +0 Dex, +10 Con

Following the previous progression would give Str 47, Dex 8, Con 35. I'd like to arbitrarily boost the Str and Con, let's say +5 each:

Earth Elemaster: Str 47, Dex 13, Con 40 ?

I definitely oppose dropping the Dex. These are deities, after all.
We were modeling it off the "Each has the full ability scores of the elemaster, all of which are 75 (+13 modifier)" from the original text, giving the minimum scores of 36 (to retain the +13 modifier).

We might be able to boost the Str and Con a bit more, but if we do, I think we need to boost the Air Elemaster's Dex score likewise.

Cleon

Legend
I definitely oppose dropping the Dex. These are deities, after all.
We were modeling it off the "Each has the full ability scores of the elemaster, all of which are 75 (+13 modifier)" from the original text, giving the minimum scores of 36 (to retain the +13 modifier).

We might be able to boost the Str and Con a bit more, but if we do, I think we need to boost the Air Elemaster's Dex score likewise.

Works for me. :lol:

Air Elemaster: Str 36, Dex 49, Con 36 ?
Earth Elemaster: Str 47, Dex 36, Con 40 ?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Hey, Cleon turned into me! ;) :p

Yes, drop one of the Epic Prowess feats for Imp Init and add Dire Charge. That looks good.

Cleon

Legend
Hey, Cleon turned into me! ;) :p

Yes, drop one of the Epic Prowess feats for Imp Init and add Dire Charge. That looks good.

Yes, cutting an Epic Prowess makes sense. It's got a higher Strength bonus to help its attacks and damage, after all.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

In its true form, an earth elemaster stands 300 feet tall and weighs x pounds, but can use its change size ability to assume any height (with weight of a typical air elemental of a given size).

Remove ads