Converting Epic Level Creatures

Cleon

Legend
I was mainly concerned about the divine rank and "Though of "trainee Hierarch" status, the elemasters cannot progress further, and can never become Full Hierarchs."

Still, I'm fine with 85+ HD (Colossal).

Well Divine Ranks are separate from HD so I think we can get away with it.

I'm not sure where you got +2 from, but I'm content with CR 42, even if your reasoning is a bit silly. ;)

If my reasoning's silly you should blame the Golgafrinchans. :p

Cleon

Legend
Added earth elemaster to Homebrews.

While doing so, I noticed we missed a few things in the air elemaster...

Transformed objects in the area can be used to form a structure of any shape the elemaster desires, the structure resembles a permanent solid fog surrounded by a permanent wind wall, and have Y hp per 5-ft. square. Treat this structure as a permanent magic item; it is not affected by dispel magic or break enchantment and is immune to effects of the elemaster's type. It takes a mage's disjunction spell or more powerful abjuration to destroy the structure (which is CL 84 and has a +Y on all its saves).

I was wondering when you'd notice that!

Well it's an Epic effect so should be pretty sturdy.

A stone wall is 450 hp or 900 hp per 10 ft. square, an 84th level wall of stone has 315 hp per square.

Call it 450 hit points (and make the Earth version of it 900 hp)?

Oh, what wind strength (if any) is powerful enough to "blow away" the Epic Solid Fog?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I dug through the epic spells, and can't find a good example for epic wind/epic solid fog -like effects.

I'd say it would take at least a gale force wind.

Cleon

Legend
I dug through the epic spells, and can't find a good example for epic wind/epic solid fog -like effects.

I'd say it would take at least a gale force wind.

I was thinking the same.

How about Hurricane Winds do 1d6 damage to each section of the solid air per minute and Tornado winds do 1d6 damage to each section per round?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I was thinking the same.

How about Hurricane Winds do 1d6 damage to each section of the solid air per minute and Tornado winds do 1d6 damage to each section per round?

Sounds good! So where does that fit into the writeup?

Cleon

Legend
Sounds good! So where does that fit into the writeup?

In the same paragraph as the hit point info I'd think, i.e.:

Transformed objects in the area can be used to form a structure of any shape the elemaster desires, the structure resembles a permanent solid fog surrounded by a permanent wind wall, and has 450 hp per 5-ft. square. Treat this structure as a permanent magic item; it is not affected by dispel magic or break enchantment and is immune to effects of the elemaster's type. It takes a mage's disjunction spell or more powerful abjuration to destroy the structure (which is CL 84 and has a +28 on all its saves). The solid air structure is damaged by extremely powerful winds; 1d6 damage per minute for hurricane force winds, 1d6 damage per round for tornado force winds.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Back to the earth elemaster...

Feats: 29 (22 can be epic)

Earth Monolith: Alertness, Awesome Blow, Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Natural Attack (slam), Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Power Attack, Toughness, Weapon Focus (slam)

Primal Earth Elemental: Alertness, Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Devastating Critical (slam), Epic Prowess (x3), Epic Toughness (x6), Epic Will, Great Cleave, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Overwhelming Critical (slam), Power Attack, Weapon Focus (slam)

Ogremoch: Awesome Blow, Blind-Fight, Cleave, Corrupt Summoning (B), Devastating Critical (slam), Epic Will, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Initiative, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Overwhelming Critical (slam), Power Attack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (wall of stone), Weapon Focus (slam)

Sunnis: Awesome Blow, Blind-Fight, Cleave, Epic Skill Focus (Appraise), Epic Reflexes, Epic Toughness, Epic Will, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Initiative, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Power Attack, Purify Summoning (B), Weapon Focus (slam)

My recommendations: Alertness, Awesome Blow, Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Devastating Critical (slam), Divine Might, Epic Fortitude, Epic Prowess (x3), Epic Reflexes, Epic Skill Focus (Knowledge [the planes]), Epic Will, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Improved Trip, Legendary Leaper, Knock-Down, Overwhelming Critical (slam), Power Attack, Spellcasting Harrier Stand Still, Weapon Focus (slam)

If anyone has any other good ideas, I'd suggest cutting the multiple Epic Prowess feats first.

Cleon

Legend
Uhh, Dire Charge is always good if it qualifies.

It needs Improved Initiative as a prereq, so we'd have to swap something - maybe Combat Reflexes?

Shouldn't we fiddle with its ability scores?

Dex 36 seems too good, and its Str and Con seem weak.

Compare the Primal Elementals:

Air Elder: Str 22, Dex 33, Con 18
Air Primal: Str 32, Dex 43, Con 28
Air Elemaster: Str 36, Dex 43, Con 36
Elder => Primal +10 Str, +10 Dex, +10 Con
Prime => Master +4 Str, +0 Dex, +8 Con

Earth Elder: Str 33, Dex 8, Con 21
Earth Primal: Str 43, Dex 8, Con 31
Elder => Primal +10 Str, +0 Dex, +10 Con

Following the previous progression would give Str 47, Dex 8, Con 35. I'd like to arbitrarily boost the Str and Con, let's say +5 each:

Earth Elemaster: Str 47, Dex 13, Con 40 ?

Remove ads