Book of the River Nations: Mass Combat

Dark Mistress

First Post
Book of the River Nations: Mass Combat by Jon Brazar Enterprises

This product is 2o pages long. It starts with a cover. (1 pages)

Exploration Rules (2 pages)
This has rules for exploring land. It has movement rate and a few other things in it.

Kingdom Building (12 pages)
This section has rules for building a kingdom, random events, rules and positions of powers with the effects they have. Taxes, buildings and the effects they have etc. It is a quick simple yet effect set of rules for building a kingdom.

It ends with 4 pages of sheets, exploration map, city district sheet, kingdom stat sheet, and NPC sheet and a OGL. (5 pages)

Closing Thoughts. This is the exploration rules from Kingmaker AP 1, The Stolen Lands reprinted. The kingdom building rules is the rules from Kingmaker AP 2, River Runs Red, with 3 extra pages of information. Looks like a few more buildings and kingdom events are added to it. Other than the new sheets which are helpful and 3 pages of new buildings and kingdom events, it is just the information from the two Kingmaker AP's combined together in one book in a print friendly format. Again I find this one hard to rate as it depends a lot if you have the AP's and if being able to print the information is important to you.

My one critic is I wish the kingdom events had been it's own chapter. That way you could print it out and give everything but the events to the players, that would have helped make this better and more useful. As it is for 3 bucks, if you don't have the AP's and want some quick and simple kingdom building rules, then I would give it a 3.5 star. If you have the AP's but would like the new buildings and events and want a print friendly copy, then I would give it a 3 star. If you just want a print friendly version or just want the new buildings etc, then I would give it a 2 star.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases