Dungeons & Dragons: The Book of Vile Darkness (2011)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Dungeons & Dragons: The Book of Vile Darkness (2011) - IMDb

Release date is set to be December 31, 2011.

Dungeons & Dragons' Third Entry - DVD News at IGN

Dungeons & Dragons' Third Entry

Nerds, rejoice: new info on the third film has arrived.

November 10, 2010
by David McCutcheon

All of you D&D nerds out there will love this heads up: the third Dungeons & Dragons motion picture is in the works.

Not much is currently known about the soon-to-be-in-production Dungeons & Dragons entry, but new info has suddenly surfaced regarding the returning director from the second film in the series, Gerry Lively, being penciled in to helm the project in Baton Rouge, where filming will begin in mid-January, 2011. Brian Rudnick, one of the three writers for Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God, is set to write the screenplay, according to IMDb.

The first grumblings from the depths of the Internet cavern regarding the third film in the series, titled Dungeons & Dragons III: The Book of Vile Darkness, came from the festering pit of depravity known as Twitter, thanks to the folks at Production Weekly. The particular tweet of interest reads, "Dungeons & Dragons III: The Book Of Vile Darkness is scheduled to begin filming January 17th in Baton Rouge, Gerry Lively returns to direct."

We'll be reporting more info on this upcoming release as soon as it arrives. Stay tuned to IGN DVD for more information about this and other upcoming releases!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Eleanor Gecks

Character Name: Akordia

48199d1302901301-dungeons-dragons-book-vile-darkness-2011-bovd2011_3.jpg

Attachments

• BoVD2011_3.jpg
    BoVD2011_3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

Orius

Legend
I don't know who wrote that piece that was quoted at the top, but they obviously don't know nerds. Given the sheer nerdrage that has been generated over the movies made so far (particularly the first one), I wouldn't count on much rejoicing or love. ;)

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Filming in January Release in December?!? Someone's making a straight to DVD movie.

From what I gathered from the other thread (Get a role in the new D&D movie!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->), they've already been filming in Eastern Europe. I believe the filming in January is just the beginning of stateside filming. I don't know what percentage of the film is being shot where, but I expect that a significant portion is already filmed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases