About the City of Greyhawk...

Infernal Teddy

Explorer
... to be more precise, the Map of the City from the Boxed Set of the same name - does anyone happen to know what scale the Maps are?

(Sorry if this is the wrong board for this...)

Cyronax

Explorer
Where in WotC's website did you find this? And what I'm really going for are other Greyhawk maps of this quality.

(I tried backtracking through WotC's site to find the articles leading up to this awesome map in order to answer this question, including search by 'Castle Greyhawk'. No success however.)

Filcher

First Post
Where in WotC's website did you find this? And what I'm really going for are other Greyhawk maps of this quality.

(I tried backtracking through WotC's site to find the articles leading up to this awesome map in order to answer this question, including search by 'Castle Greyhawk'. No success however.)

I just got lucky. I think I googled "wizards of the coast + greyhawk" under the image search. I wish there was a Wizards repository for this sort of thing, but if there is, I don't know it.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
(Cross-posted from the other thread about this map.)

That map is from the late 3.5-era Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk superadventure that I wrote with James Jacobs and Jason Bulmahn. I specifically wrote the parts that take place in the city itself, and I made sure that the map was based on the excellent poster map Denis Tetreault did of the City of Greyhawk when I was editor of the Living Greyhawk Journal, and which appeared in LGJ #2. These issues sometimes come up on eBay, but they can get pretty expensive.

Denis's map is essentially the map on the WotC site (which I think was done by Mike Schley), but more in the style of the old Harn maps, in that the buildings are stark white shapes.

If you really want a huge resolution version of the map, the LGJ poster can't be beat.

Filcher

First Post
I'm pretty tech UNsavy, so I'd take a section of the Wizards' Greyhawk map and enlarge the image until it prints to a near-overlap of the original. One you've hit that, you can print out the scale lines at the same scale, and that would supply answer.

Remove ads