Epic Fail Chart

bardoom

First Post
Looking to add some new flavor to our D&D campaign. My DM said she had an epic fail chart at one point and thought it would be great for us. Does anyone have one or know of where I can download one?

bardoom

First Post
It's a chart you use when someone rolls a "1" to see how badly they fail. A d20 is rolled again and compared to the chart. The chart will tell you how badly the fail was ie damage taken etc. It's only used for casual play.

Stormonu

Legend
I like the idea of an epic fail chart - not for when you roll a 1 in combat, but when a Pc does something so staggeringly stupid, you need to roll 1d20 to decide how to berate them for the attempt.

Or perhaps when you roll a 1for a skill check...

1-2 ) Everyone around you is incapacitated for 1 round with laughter
3-5 ) The nearest ally slaps you silly for 1d4 damage
6-10 ) Crickets
11-13 ) You waate the next 2d4 rounds explaining to your companions how sorry you are for the contemplated action
14-15 ) You are reduced to 1d6 inches in height (or so you believe)
16-17 ) You run home crying to mamma for the next 1d4 rounds
18-19 ) Your allies become invisible to you for 1d4 rounds
20 ) That was so awe-inspiringly stupid, it actually works - NOT

Something I put together with the help of others on this site. It's an excel spreadsheet with a few tabs at the bottom. Some of the tabs are for critical failures as well as critical successes for melee, divine, and magical powers. My group likes to see what happens to them as well.

Hopefully this helps you out if you like it let me know!

Trav

Attachments

• Experience and Encounter Tracker.xls
    182 KB · Views: 74

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases