Best Map of The City of Greyhawk?

mattcolville

Adventurer
I'm looking for something...well, really I think what I want is the map of the Free City of Greyhawk from the supplement of the same name from the late 1980s. But I don't have that and have no real idea how to get my hands on a copy.

But I'm thinking maybe someone out there with City Designer or Dunjinni or some similar software may have done a high-res, street-level map of the city?

Anyone have any suggestions? I've found maps that are big, and maps that are nice, but not maps that have a lot of detail at the street level.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
That map is from the late 3.5-era Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk superadventure that I wrote with James Jacobs and Jason Bulmahn. I specifically wrote the parts that take place in the city itself, and I made sure that the map was based on the excellent poster map Denis Tetreault did of the City of Greyhawk when I was editor of the Living Greyhawk Journal, and which appeared in LGJ #2. These issues sometimes come up on eBay, but they can get pretty expensive.

Denis's map is essentially the map on the WotC site (which I think was done by Mike Schley), but more in the style of the old Harn maps, in that the buildings are stark white shapes.

If you really want a huge resolution version of the map, the LGJ poster can't be beat.

mattcolville

Adventurer
Thing is, the map from the Original City of Greyhawk Box only names a few streets, so you're out of luck there...

But the Free City of Greyhawk box does have that. I just don't have that box.

The City of Greyhawk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's what I'm talking about.

I'd sorta hoped someone with some cartography skills and free time had taken that content and turned it into an electronic map, put it online, using something like City Designer or Dunjinni. I've seen some really high quality maps of stuff like The Temple of Elemental Evil and I thought maybe there was something like that for Greyhawk.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Last edited:

Infernal Teddy

Explorer
But the Free City of Greyhawk box does have that. I just don't have that box.

The City of Greyhawk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's what I'm talking about.

I'd sorta hoped someone with some cartography skills and free time had taken that content and turned it into an electronic map, put it online, using something like City Designer or Dunjinni. I've seen some really high quality maps of stuff like The Temple of Elemental Evil and I thought maybe there was something like that for Greyhawk.

I have that box. Not that many street names in it. :D

Remove ads