M&M3e (DCA) Young Justice: Home Alone

hero4hire

Explorer
Zatara inclined his head towards Batgirl. "So you can fly a jet?" he asked incredulously.
What is she like 12? 13? Not even old enough to drive!

"Okay presuming you don't kill us all on the plane ride over. We just land are jet out front and give whomever this guy is the bum's rush? He's probably got hostages...Maybe we should do a little recon first? Start with something a little more low-key, find out the sitch and THEN kick the crap outta this mother-lover?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Xenomorph

Dregg waits anxiously if they were able to get to the Javelin. He was to young to get a flying license in his native time-period... not that it would have helped to stir such an antiquity...

"Uhm, just an idea, but wouldn't it be faster if Zach would teleport us?"
Dregg was still abit unsure around the magician... science and aliens were daily life in the future, but magic scarce him quite a bit.

[sblock=OOC]
How fast is flight 5? I have a bit of a problem to read the table. But I think the Javelin is much faster :)
[/sblock]

cassius335

First Post
Teleporters: Um, what teleporters? Who said teleporters?

And I think the Hall of Justice is in Metropolis (though New York, near the United Nations, is another possibility... need to wikipedia this...). For this game, let's assume it is.

OOC: Ah, that'll be why there are no teleporters then. I keep thinking of The Watchtower.

Entity: no way could you have gotten in without a League member bringing you in. You were there when all this happened. Also, please use colored letters for your speech; pick a different color than other players.[/QUOTE]

OOC: *Takes note as well*

cassius335

First Post
Zatara inclined his head towards Batgirl. "So you can fly a jet?" he asked incredulously.

".nihsK, ffo ssiP" Solaris snapped, annoyed at the other man's attitude. Though the interruption had given Solaris chance to remember that this was the Hall & not the Watchtower.

"Uhm, just an idea, but wouldn't it be faster if Zach would teleport us?" Dregg was still abit unsure around the magician... science and aliens were daily life in the future, but magic scarce him quite a bit.

"Yeah... no." Solaris replied. "I'll take the Javelin flown by someone trained by Batman over the Mandrake wannabe any day." That and Solaris wouldn't have put it past the mage to "accidentally" scatter his atoms across the planet. He knew Zatara hated him.

So saying, Solaris walked the few steps back over to Batgirl. "After you, driver." He reached out to gently grab her arm, blushing slightly as he did so, then whispered in her ear, joking quitely enough that only Batgirl and perhaps Echo heard it: "Just... y'know, don't crash."

OOC: *taps character sheet* Does this count as conversation or does Steph have to reply first?

Thejoshie

First Post
...this is going to be one of those days.

"Okay presuming you don't kill us all on the plane ride over..."

CORRECTION: This is going to be one of those VERY LONG DAYS.

Steph already felt a headache coming and just this quickly she realized why Dick would smirk or chuckle whenever Bruce got a summons from the League. This must've been how he felt. To have to handle such a wide range of chatter and confusion...

Easy Steph. One thing at a time. Just subtly focus on the most pressing issue.

There was nothing subtle with the way she slipped from Solar's grasp. "Off."

Real smooth, Steph. Atleast I got the one word reply right. Let's keep up the momentum. Keep things simple...

"Uhm, just an idea, but wouldn't it be faster if Zach would teleport us?"

"No."

"And I've got some training FLYING..." Annie said, her black headband glinting dully as she floated up into the air, ready to go. "But if your jet is faster, Batgirl, mind if I bum a ride off you? The faster we get there, the faster we can get things under control so we can go find this War World and rescue the Justice League!"

Steph merely shrugged.

"The Javelin should be able to take us to the Daily Planet. I'll contact the police and have them keep a landing zone clear." She turned to look over Batgirl's shoulder again. "Do we have access?"

"Maybe."

She continued to type, but stepped to the side to allow Echo access, pointing to the keyboard. "That button is the direct line to the Metropolis emergency switch board. You can get in contact from there. I'm opening the Hangar bay now."

Okay... things calmed down... but one last thing. Bruce always said to stay in the shadows... so...

Steph turned towards Echo, whom so far proved to notonly take inititive, but was staying cool under fire. "So... how 'are' we handling this?"

OOC: Is Solar using his power of seduction on Steph?

Last edited:

cassius335

First Post
OOC: Is Solar using his power of seduction on Steph?

OOC: Not consciously. "Desireable" is a Reaction, so Solaris doesn't get to pick (it goes off on it's own). That's why I'm wondering.

I might tag it as Audio Perception, actually... it'd fit with the "verbal communcation" limit. (???)

If he uses "Getting Lucky", I'll say so. Now, however, is not the time...

There was nothing subtle with the way she slipped from Solar's grasp. "Off."

Real smooth, Steph. Atleast I got the one word reply right. Let's keep up the momentum. Keep things simple...

Solaris blinked, surprised and faintly hurt.

What was that about?

Nonetheless, he remained where he was for the moment. As much as he wanted to be at the Daily Planet now, it would be a much bettter idea to go in the Javelin rather than waste energy trying to run there.

Especialy as I don't think I could run that far, let alone be in shape to fight afterwards...

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"We need more information before a specific plan can be made," Echo said matter of factly. "Since the situation could be unstable, I suggest we land the plane a short distance away from the Daily Planet building and approach on foot. We'll coordinate with local police to find out what they know, then use our skills and abilities to find out more."

"Once we know what we're dealing with, we'll have a clearer idea of how to stop it."

She activated the emergency switchboard and attempted to raise the Metropolis municipal police department.

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: *taps character sheet* Does this count as conversation or does Steph have to reply first?

Officially, that only functions on NPCs unless Players want it.

However: I imagine that in general Solaris' power makes him function effectively like Zach Effron, or the New Kids on the Block: the masses adore him, but certain folks resent him for the same reason.
Then again, while I don't think he should mac PCs willy-nilly, some recognition of a magnetic personality (electro-magnetic?) wouldn't be bad.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Getting in contact with the police: you notice a red phone receiver attached to the computer, near the red button.

One of you picks it up (say who) and hears a ring tone followed by a gruff male voice.

Justice League!! This is Dan Turpin of the Metropolis SCU. Thank God you're here, we thought everyone was taken! We have a situation at the Daily Planet, started half an hour ago tops. Some nut trapped everyone inside some kind of electro-magnetic shield and cut off all the power. We tried getting in, but the shield ignores all our weapons. We tried everything or I wouldn't have called. He sent out a message, but it's all garbled. I think he wants Superman. ...Who is this?

Shayuri

First Post
As she reaches for the switchboard switch, Echo notices the blinking light on the receiver and picks it up instead. She listens to Officer Turpin with a cloudy expression on her face and finally replies, "Officer Turpin, my name is Echo, we are sending a team out to help with your problem. Please cordon off a nearby empty parking lot or street intersection so we can land our plane safely. We'll also need a copy of that message sent to us. Will you be the officer in charge?"

She put a hand over the microphone on the receiver and said, "It's Metropolis PD...they're contacting us with information about the situation."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases