M&M3e (DCA) Young Justice: Home Alone

fireinthedust

Explorer
Stealth roll: noted. Oooh, the suspense!

OOC: to be clear, I take it not everyone is going in through the roof? Or are they?

If not: what are the non-roofies doing? State it so it's real!

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Good lord people post in a piranha-like frenzy in this game. I'm just now responding to the cop outside, and everyone else has already jumped in! :p)

To Turpin Echo says, "We'll try diplomacy first. Kisser-smacking may ensue. Please send that gibberish or song he sent you on this channel so we can hear it too. It may have important information."

At that point, with some dismay, she realized everyone was already mobilizing despite not having gotten the order to commence the operation. It wasn't really a surprise though. One reason she hadn't wanted to be leader was because she doubted her ability to inspire loyalty in others. Maybe Batgirl would do better.

"Batgirl, set the autopilot, and we'll all go reinforce them."

Once inside, Echo recognized the sensor in use from its configuration and the interference it caused on her comm channels.

"Millimeter-wave scanning radar. It will form a high-resolution image of our bodies and possessions."

To Solaris she replied, "We arrived in a jet plane. Surprise was never an option."

She then lifted her right hand, which turned silvery metallic, as if mercury had poured from her pores to encase her skin. It then changed shape, growing a series of feathery vanes and what looked like a weapon aperture out where the tips of her fingers would normally be.

Echo aimed this reconfigured 'hand' at the sensor dome, and there was a high pitched squeal that cycled rapidly up even higher until it became inaudible...followed by a low muffled report like an anvil wrapped in pillows falling onto a metal floor. There was a brief haze of distortion around her weapon arm and around the sensor dome.

(Using 'nega beam' on the sensor! Ideally before it can try to scan our 'superman,' since they weren't supposed to go this far in before we caught up...but clearly posting speed varies and may impact game plans. Anyway, it's a Nullify All Tech At Once, at 5 ranks. It's resisted by Dodge, which a big, immobile sensor dome probably can't do. :))

cassius335

First Post
To Solaris she replied, "We arrived in a jet plane. Surprise was never an option."

"Fair point."

She then lifted her right hand, which turned silvery metallic, as if mercury had poured from her pores to encase her skin. It then changed shape, growing a series of feathery vanes and what looked like a weapon aperture out where the tips of her fingers would normally be.

Echo aimed this reconfigured 'hand' at the sensor dome, and there was a high pitched squeal that cycled rapidly up even higher until it became inaudible...followed by a low muffled report like an anvil wrapped in pillows falling onto a metal floor. There was a brief haze of distortion around her weapon arm and around the sensor dome.

(Using 'nega beam' on the sensor! Ideally before it can try to scan our 'superman,' since they weren't supposed to go this far in before we caught up...but clearly posting speed varies and may impact game plans. Anyway, it's a Nullify All Tech At Once, at 5 ranks. It's resisted by Dodge, which a big, immobile sensor dome probably can't do. :))

Solaris crossed his fingers, hoping that whatever Echo was trying would work and not cause a messy explosion. Presumably, she thought it wouldn't and he did trust her.... but still a niggling worry wouldn't go away...

OOC: Sorry for the phirana frenzy :p

And I'm trying to decide whether a big immobile sensor dome suddenly jumping out of the way would be funny or bowel emptying.

"Did that rock just dodge an attack?" - Epic Battle Fantasy 3

Thejoshie

First Post
Batgirl was the last off the plane. Partially to make sure the Jet was stable, but mostly to keep in the back of the group. She was not in her element on the frontlines, but the shadows.

She waited 10 seconds after the last person got off, then she took out a swingline, connected a magnetic grip to the hull of the ship, connected her grapple gun to the line and her belt, the glided down. She would stick to the shadows and corners, peaking here and there to make sure she's not caught by anything, all the while listening to the chatter between her teammates.

OOC: Note:

1. Stealth roll is coming.

2. In case I'm not around again and the pace picks up, then Fire, you're free to assume that Steph either steps to the side silently, OR during combat, attempts to stick to the shadow and use her gadgets to hamper foes (using Smoke Bombs to hide, if neccesary.

ww.jpg

OOC: Wonder Girl (and I'm assuming everyone else) is down on the Planet.

Wonder Girl made a point of staying behind the image of Superman and otherwise acknowledging that he was really here and leading the group, but still ahead of everyone else on the team. She clenched her fists; Hades help anyone trying to get past her - not that he would, of course.

"Right behind you, Superman."

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=Scent of a Walking... Dad. (!)]

Baaaaah Baaaaah.... BAAAAAAAAAAAH! (gasp)

Sorry, saw it and forgot it when I reached the next post!

Um, you can scent various life forms in the building. There aren't alien smells, but you note that there is the distinct odor of super science machines like the shield generator all over this building.

It's not an exact tactical readout of where the trouble is coming from. However, you're not surrounded by invisible organic beings or anything.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Echo's nullify tech] Okay, I like the idea, and I'll allow it this time. However, it's a bit... "explode the plot device" of the shield. I can see it wrecking a lot of the material I could come up with, at least without a sense of accomplishment.

I could see it as an action that's fatiguing and requires concentration to maintain... and some kind of roll other than Dodge, considering it's against shield generators and giant robots. I'm tempted to have it affect Toughness, and be round-by-round.

See what I'm thinking? I'd like feedback from you on this, though. I would like some ideas re: your build (I mean, you made it: what were you thinking regarding it during that process?) [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=Negabeam]I don't think it's as bad as you're thinking, for several reasons. One, it's a fairly low power effect. At 5 ranks, it takes some luck to shut down even equal-PL tech powers. I'll be raising this as we go, but especially for huge "installation" powers like the shield, you can always just place its power level way beyond Echo's nullification ability.

Two, it's not an area attack, it's targeted. This means Echo can't just hit everything in this area with the Nullify...she has to choose something to shoot it at. Right now, if Echo wanted to try to Nullify the shield, she'd have no idea what to shoot...what's generating it? What specifically, that is? Logic suggests she'd have to find the power center, or some kind of 'shield core' that is directly responsible for creating the shield effect, then aim the Nullify at that.

Three, the weapon is essentially an "EMP cannon," or a High Energy Radio Frequency (HERF) gun. It overloads electronic components by inducing high voltage currents in them via electromagnetic induction. You are within your rights to designate certain (especially plot-critical) items of technology as hardened against such attacks, or using high tech components that are not vulnerable to EMP (such as optical electronics, or encased in a Faraday cage). And of course, items that don't use electronics (like your average handgun) wouldn't be vulnerable anyway.

Fourth, only powers can be Nullified. A giant robot could not be completely shut down by this power, because a giant robot is not a power. It's a construct. Now, the Nullify could, on a lucky, lucky roll, screw the giant robot up a bit by shutting down all of its powers...but remember that this only affects powers that are ongoing, because it can simply reactivate them again. The Nullify can't stop its guns from working, because the guns weren't on when the Nullify hit. The only exception to that would be if the Nullify is used as a Counter, and fired at the same instant the gun is fired.

As far as game mechanics go, the Nullify is an instant effect that, if successful, shuts off all technological (electronic) powers that the target currently has active. Those powers can be restarted again on the target's next turn with the appropriate action...which in some cases will be a standard action, but in other cases may be free. In the case of the sensor dome, for example, the sensors...all of them...would turn off if the Nullify is successful. But the operator could simply reset them, turning them back on. It doesn't actually do damage to the system. Though in hindsight linking it to a limited damage effect would have been an excellent idea. :)

Does that help?

Don't get me wrong...it's still a very handy little tool. And with experience, she could improve it in any number of ways. But I don't think it's in any way a plot buster.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Scent of a Walking... Dad. (!)]

Baaaaah Baaaaah.... BAAAAAAAAAAAH! (gasp)

Sorry, saw it and forgot it when I reached the next post!

Um, you can scent various life forms in the building. There aren't alien smells, but you note that there is the distinct odor of super science machines like the shield generator all over this building.

It's not an exact tactical readout of where the trouble is coming from. However, you're not surrounded by invisible organic beings or anything.

[/sblock]...

[sblock=OOC]
Can I determine the different machines (how many different)? My scent is Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Track so is there a track to follow? Did someone came up and looked at the roof entrance as a good place for the superheroes to enter personally? In that case there would be a scent.

BTW, are the cameras moving or are they fixed to one direction?
[/sblock]

cassius335

First Post
[sblock=Echo's nullify tech] Okay, I like the idea, and I'll allow it this time. However, it's a bit... "explode the plot device" of the shield. I can see it wrecking a lot of the material I could come up with, at least without a sense of accomplishment.

I could see it as an action that's fatiguing and requires concentration to maintain... and some kind of roll other than Dodge, considering it's against shield generators and giant robots. I'm tempted to have it affect Toughness, and be round-by-round.[/sblock]

[sblock=what about...]Effect Rank of the shield + (10 or 15) = DC of Nullify check?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases