M&M3e (DCA) Young Justice: Home Alone

fireinthedust

Explorer
Alarm: The button is pressed, and the screen pops up with information about a hold-up in progress at a Newspaper: the Daily Planet.

All electricity, communications and information has been cut off from the building, even satelitte and cell phone info. No one inside the building has had any communication with anyone on the outside for the past ten minutes.

The Police are distracted by the results of the "War World kidnappings", but they made a call to the Justice League's special crime phone (which is red). Riots are breaking out across America, with looting and other crimes on the rise. Which means you folks are the only ones who can keep the peace while your mentors figure their own way out of whatever mess they're in.

Whoever it is, it's someone in a gaudy costume who wants attention and means business. Oddly, they probably don't know what's going on with the league.

cassius335

First Post
Looking around she saw Batgirl checking the alarm. She went over to stand behind her and read the display over her shoulder.

Seeing Echo move to Batgirl, Simon frowned and followed, reading the same display over Batgirl's other shoulder. In the process, he got a faint, pleasant whiff of her hair.

Alarm: The button is pressed, and the screen pops up with information about a hold-up in progress at a Newspaper: the Daily Planet.

All electricity, communications and information has been cut off from the building, even satelitte and cell phone info. No one inside the building has had any communication with anyone on the outside for the past ten minutes.

The Police are distracted by the results of the "War World kidnappings", but they made a call to the Justice League's special crime phone (which is red). Riots are breaking out across America, with looting and other crimes on the rise. Which means you folks are the only ones who can keep the peace while your mentors figure their own way out of whatever mess they're in.

Whoever it is, it's someone in a gaudy costume who wants attention and means business. Oddly, they probably don't know what's going on with the league.

"The Planet?" Simon asked, growling audiably.

Oh, no. Not on my watch. Superman would never forgive me.

With a guesture, Simon pulled a yellow cowl (with gold domino mask attached) over his head.

"I'm going down there." Solaris stated, anger in his tone. The yellow-and-gold spandexed hero turned and started to head for the teleporters.

OOC: The game, Mrs Hudson, is on...

Thejoshie

First Post
The... Daily Planet? THE Daily Planet? I remember Bruce mentioning something about the 'boyscout' hanging around there.

She clinched her jaw, and when she speaks, it comes out in a low, muffled whisper, a farcry from her jubilant voice she uses as Stephanie. "We..."

Stephanie's heart leapt up to her throat when the realization hits her. They were truely alone. No backup. No reservists. Just them. It causes her to hesitate. She then turns to Echo (giving the girl a glare so that she would back up and give her space).

"We have to handle this... we're the last line of defense." Her eyes turned to the computer, typing some codes till she finds the hangar controls. "I'm going to Metropolis. I have some training flying a jet..."

...Of course, I don't have training flying it 'well'. They don't need to know that."

"We 'could' use the Teleporter as well... but we're going to need someone to stay behind to teleport us back here..." She says to the retreating Simon as he walked towards the teleporter.

OOC: Taking 10 on two things here. One, Taking 10 on investigating what Vehicles are available to use (10+7=17). Second, Taking 10 on Streetwise to try and recognize the Gaudy clothed criminal (10+7=17)

Cassius posted the same time as me. :p Assume her 'glare' at Echo happens AFTER Simon moves away.

Last edited:

BlkArkon

First Post
Entity

Entity flies in to Justice Hall. His book bag is still over his shoulder. His mask is in place. As he walks toward the hall, he mind races, where did they all go. The concern is steadily resting on his face. He hopes he can find some answers even though his mentor Steel is not constantly on the roster he wishes that he would stop treating him like a kid.
"I am almost 17 years old for goodness sake," he exclaims to know one in particular. He strolls into the hall and notice the large amount of other heroes already assembled.
"Hey peeps, somebody bring me up to speed."

fireinthedust

Explorer
Teleporters: Um, what teleporters? Who said teleporters?

And I think the Hall of Justice is in Metropolis (though New York, near the United Nations, is another possibility... need to wikipedia this...). For this game, let's assume it is.

Entity: no way could you have gotten in without a League member bringing you in. You were there when all this happened. Also, please use colored letters for your speech; pick a different color than other players.

fireinthedust

Explorer
The vehicles nearby: The Batmobile, and a Javalin plane parked on the roof.

No picture of the villain; this is all description from the screen.

Echo said:
"Mongul is the ruler of War World," Echo replied unhelpfully to Wonder Girl. "The planet now moving away from us, we can assume. We were left behind because we didn't interest him." She paused, and added. "We're not champions, in his view, evidently."

Annie harrumphed at this, balling her black gloved hands into fists by her side. "Not champions, evidently? I am an Amazon! And evidently Mr. Mongrel there doesn't know what a big mistake he's just made, leaving us free to go find this War World place and kick his sorry purple behind for kidnapping the Justi..."

She stopped in mid-snit as Batgirl and Echo bring up the robbery going on at the Daily Planet by the guy in the bad Halloween custome, and the reports of looting and riots going on all over America in the wake of the Justice League's disappearance.

What is it Diana would say? 'When your sister falls beside you in battle, you pick up her sword and keep on fighting.' ... I'm sure she won't be beaten by this Mongul guy... she's WONDER WOMAN. And she has the entire Justice League backing her up... she'll be fine. They'll all be fine. But we gotta hold the fort until they get back...

It seemed the other young heroes had decided the same thing; when Solaris put on his hood, Annie found herself suddenly ready and eager to show the world what she... they, could do.

Batgirl said:
"We have to handle this... we're the last line of defense." Her eyes turned to the computer, typing some codes till she finds the hangar controls. "I'm going to Metropolis. I have some training flying a jet..."

"And I've got some training FLYING..." Annie said, her black headband glinting dully as she floated up into the air, ready to go. "But if your jet is faster, Batgirl, mind if I bum a ride off you? The faster we get there, the faster we can get things under control so we can go find this War World and rescue the Justice League!"

hero4hire

Explorer
Zachary jumped to his feet as one-by-one all the adults around him began to disappear.
"You know I did wish for a little less supervision but this is ridiculous!"
After seeing Mongul flash across the scene the teen trickster incants a quick spell while the others checked out the computer.
Whoa! Teleportation on that level is out there. If its magic maybe I can trace it?

"Kcehc rof Cigam!"

OOC: Detect Magic...I know probably not but he doesn't know that.

Sorry ignore that 1st BS. I rolled 10d20 instead of 1d20+10. LAME!

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Zach looked around and did a quick headcount of his neophyte allies.

There was Solaris...Who Zachary...simply...HATED! Mostly because the big bright jerk had the uncanny ability to C#%k-block him with the ladies. Not that Zachary would ever admit that.

Next there was Echo. From what Zach could tell about her is she was a real tech-head. Which made sense since with that big metal jock Cyborg.

Then there was Xenomorph; who Zatara had to admit, gave him the creeps! BUT an alien shapeshifter could do wonders for his stage-show.

Entity was kinda like a black Superboy minus the personality. If it wasn't for the whole superstrong and invulnerability thing Zach probably would have forgotten he was there.

Batgirl seemed awful useful..If not eager! And last was Wonder Girl; who was hot enough for sure and seemed to have a dark side. Which definitely had Zach intrigued. Plus there was something kinky about a girl who could pick you up and throw you around.

Counting Zatara that made seven...Seven wannabes (except Zach of course) talking about rescuing the Justice League...

...And he thought this trip to the Hall would be BORING!

Shayuri

First Post
Echo swallowed as she looked away from the skylight. War World was gone. They had no way to help the 'real' heroes. At least none that presented themselves immediately. She suspected that, had this contingency been planned for, their standing orders would be to stay in the Hall of Justice and avoid risks and the public eye.

But there were no standing orders for this situation...and Batgirl and Wonder Girl were right. The situation unfolding at the Daily Planet...while probably minor...was an opportunity. There was a bigger picture as well. By showing their faces there, they could reassure the world that there were still heroes on the job. That alone could dissuade some criminals from attempting anything.

No matter how she looked at it, the costs of inaction were high enough to justify the risks.

"Batgirl is right," Echo said, completely missing the annoyed look she was getting, since her attention was on the other junior heroes. "The Javelin should be able to take us to the Daily Planet. I'll contact the police and have them keep a landing zone clear." She turned to look over Batgirl's shoulder again. "Do we have access?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases