How to become a bladesinger?

Obelix

First Post
Should I just take 1lvl wiz and taking the rest of them as a fighter? Any tips on how to be the ultimate bladesinger?

JoeGKushner

First Post
I thought that bladesinger was messed up or something and an 'official' one posted on the web site under product enchancements?

Bladesingers in my campaign are rare because it's the SL setting and elves aren't really high on the hog right now and the individuals they chose for Bladesingers are often the best of the best.

in the future i would reccomend keeping this thread and "Name our Baby!" thread separate.

this would prevent the parsing error of.

How to become a babysitter?

thanks,

joe b.

Sejs

First Post
Personally I'd suggest going Wizard- 2nd, Fighter- 4th.

You need a +5 BA to qualify for the class, Wizard 2, Fighter 4 gets you a 5.0 BA, whereas a Wizard 1, Fighter 5 gets you a 5.5 BA. That, and remember that Bladesingers have their own spell progession and lists, so your wizard spells and your bladesinger spells are seperate. So a bladesinger may not be able to cast True Strike without researching it, but a wizard can right off the lick.

As for advice on how to build the ultimate bladesinger... I dono. I've never played one. *shrug*

Edit:additional Oh yeah! I'd highly suggest specalizing for your wizard levels, by the way. Either spec: Divination, or spec: Abjuration. Another reason to go F4/W2, is that a F4 has the same number of bonus feats as a F5. You basically trade in some fractional Ba and Hp for more spells.

Last edited:

Chun-tzu

First Post
The most traditional ways to qualify for Bladesinger are Fighter 5/Wizard 1 and Fighter 4/Wizard 2.

For half-elves, taking Bard instead of Wizard levels has some nice benefits. For one, since Bladesingers have Perform as a class ability, the Bladesinger continues to progress in bardic ability (but is still limited in how many times she can use it per day). Those Bard levels also make qualifying for the class much easier, with a much better skill list than Fighters or Wizards, more skill points, and Perform as a class skill (taking Perform as a cross-class skill in 3 separate types of performance is pretty expensive).

Elves who go Fighter/Bard have a problem, since neither is their Favored Class. One way to get around this, though is to go Fighter 2/Ranger 2/Bard 2. You lose out on Weapon Specialization and the Wizard spell list, but this combination is very strong on combat ability and skills. Personally, I prefer the extra skills to Weapon Specialization.

Sejs

First Post
Chun-Tzu makes a really good point about the bard angle. Heck, if you start as a bard, you can nail all your skill reqs at 1st level.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Sejs said:
Chun-Tzu makes a really good point about the bard angle. Heck, if you start as a bard, you can nail all your skill reqs at 1st level.
That's why I like Ranger2/Fighter2/Bard2. You miss weapon spcialization, gain track and a kick ass skill list.

Rav

Remove ads