Star wars - which version?

wolff96

First Post
Like the above poster, the Force User in the group started off like Luke did in ANH. He had some power, but was not at all "powerful". As time went on (there are 3 or 4 years between ANH and TESB, when Luke grows in power) the Force User grew, first into a strong character, then into a real bad-ass.

It took time. But, once he got up there, there was no stopping this guy. And, the Dark Side even made him stronger.

This has always been my experience with D6 Star Wars as well. *IF* the campaign runs for a very, very long time, then the Jedi will become powerful. Very powerful.

Unfortunately for Jedi players, that advancement isn't particularly fast and the loss of stats at character creation makes them very, very fragile until they can shore themselves up.

I wonder if a lot of the people in this thread worried about wildly unbalanced Jedi have just read it? Kind of like the monk phenomenon at the beginning of 3e when it looked *really* overpowered on paper, even though it was rather weak at the actual table...

I might be off base here, but the only Jedi problems our group ever had in D6 was keeping them ALIVE, not with them romping over the rest of the table! :)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Reminds me of some threads recently which debated whether MU's being weak at low level and over powerful at high level was a workable system. Parallel evolution? :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases