Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC 2

Yttermayn

First Post
I am thinking of a house rule concerning missile attacks on enemies engaged in melee. I came across an idea I think would work. Give me your opinions:

There is a -4 penalty to hit with a missile weapon on a target engaged in melee. If the attack misses by 1-4 points, it has hit something adjacent to the target. Resolve damage normally. If there are more than one adjacent things, then the closest or most likely target is hit.

I like it's simplicity and it works regardless of whether the shooter has friends or enemies involved in melee. In certain situations, it even makes sense to fire into melee, like maybe you are flanking a couple enemies who are side by side, so even if you miss, it's not likely you'll hit your flanking partner, but you could hit a different enemy.

What do you all think?

Leif

Adventurer
The house rule sounds workable, as long as each target retains its own AC no matter what.

Incidentally, I can't tell for sure from the new map whether there is an enemy adjacent to Grok or not.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I want to sketch up and draw the characters of our most fine game. To know which to start working with first, I have decided to, of course, roll for it!

I'll roll a 1d6 and with this list, we'll know who is going to be drawn:
1. Scrag
2. Rosalia
3. Jhon
4. Roderic
5. Gork
6. Tuk

Roll: Cha-chan cha-chan! : 1

Scrag is the winner!

Leif

Adventurer
I want to sketch up and draw the characters of our most fine game. To know which to start working with first, I have decided to, of course, roll for it!

I'll roll a 1d6 and with this list, we'll know who is going to be drawn:
1. Scrag
2. Rosalia
3. Jhon
4. Roderic
5. Gork
6. Tuk

Roll: Cha-chan cha-chan! : 1

Scrag is the winner!
Gork? :D Seriously, can't wait to see your work.

Yttermayn

First Post
The house rule sounds workable, as long as each target retains its own AC no matter what.

Incidentally, I can't tell for sure from the new map whether there is an enemy adjacent to Grok or not.

Agreed. Ditto Scott.

Voda: An honor! Maybe I'll do Rosalia.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases