Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC 2

Yttermayn

First Post
ArJscwHCQAAjrRL.jpg:large

Yttermayn

First Post
Hey guys, I don't schill for companies, but I really like and respect indie developers. If you have an android device and like old school rpgs like ultima, or bauldurs gate, with a huge open world, a new game has been released. It's called 9th Dawn and I've been following it's development for awhile. I just got it this morning and I'm loving the heck out of it. If you have an IOS device or would rather play on the PC, those versions will be coming in a few months also. The game is currently on Google play store for 2 bucks.
Another one that just started development for the pc is called "Project Eternity " It is being made by the guys from Black Isle and Obsidian, so if you know the rpg history of those companies, you know it's going to be good.
Sorry if this post seems like a commercial, but indie development is a passion of mine, one in which I struggle also. I like to see these guys succeed, and enjoy the kind of games they create. Thanks. I'd love to hear from any of my players or their friends who are into or want to be into the indie scene.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hey guys, I don't schill for companies, but I really like and respect indie developers. If you have an android device and like old school rpgs like ultima, or bauldurs gate, with a huge open world, a new game has been released. It's called 9th Dawn and I've been following it's development for awhile. I just got it this morning and I'm loving the heck out of it. If you have an IOS device or would rather play on the PC, those versions will be coming in a few months also. The game is currently on Google play store for 2 bucks.
Another one that just started development for the pc is called "Project Eternity " It is being made by the guys from Black Isle and Obsidian, so if you know the rpg history of those companies, you know it's going to be good.
Sorry if this post seems like a commercial, but indie development is a passion of mine, one in which I struggle also. I like to see these guys succeed, and enjoy the kind of games they create. Thanks. I'd love to hear from any of my players or their friends who are into or want to be into the indie scene.

I thought Black Isle was old history. Awesome! Baldurs' gate and Icewind dale were the games that made me a role player, so I'll dig into this with gusto!

Voda Vosa

First Post
I was digging in Project eternity, awesome stuff, I can't wait for it to be released. The fact that its an initiative of the developers and that they have no publisher adds to the awesomeness of the game.

Yttermayn

First Post
Indeed, my very thoughts. I've been finding more and more that indie games and particularly RPG's tend to have greater depth, interactivity, and gameplay inovation. It's a labor of love rather than of what will sell the most. If they make gobs of money, that's just frosting.
Don't forget to check out 9th dawn- While it's only android right now, they will be releasing an enhanced PC version (and IOs version) as well. It's not as huge a game as Eternity or BG2, more like one of the original ultimas. Still very fun and worth a look.
Sorry, one more suggestion, if you haven't discovered them already: Spiderweb software- I was turned off at first because the characters legs weren't animated (everything else is), but now I feel silly even saying it. There is just so much to the RPG's they make.

Yttermayn

First Post
The party is currently fighting past some tougher, elite kobolds who block the way into a new area that is no longer plain cave walls, but carefully crafted masonry. Intense feelings of dread emanate from that direction as well. Sorry if the pace is slow lately. I've put a reminder in my phone recently to remind me to update more often. I'm finding difficulty in balancing work, free time, money, motivation, and inspiration lately.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases