Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC 2

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
So how did the surgery go, Scott? I had a little of my own on my vacation. Ironically, I cut myself opening a new first aid kit bad enough to need stitches. We drove 30 miles from our campsite to a hospital only to have the water pump blow out in the emergency room parking lot.

that is like insult to you injury!

cataract surgery went exceedingly well, tooth extraction, not so well.

Leif

Adventurer
It's most likely just a hunk of gum flesh, possibly still attached. When I had my wisdom teeth cut out I experienced something similar due to the oral surgeon's saw not making smooth cuts through the tissue. If you think it's gross to READ about, you just have no flipping IDEA!

Scott DeWar

They already extracted a piece of the tooth that was still in my jaw. it
still has flesh clinging to the tooth piece
. how's that for gross!?

Scott DeWar

so have I, like when I had to
pack my own abscess with 20 inches of 1 inch wound pack gauze twice a day
. that was quite horrid.

Yttermayn

First Post
OK, OK. When I was 15 I had to have a weak spot inside my nose cauterized to make some thick scar tissue so I wouldn't keep getting bloody noses. (No anesthetic, BTW) I have allergies, and you would not believe how bad that :):):):):) burns and triggers the sneeze reflex. Worse, they packed a couple feet of gauze up that nostril, [sblock=Groady]which of course gets soaked with mucus because of all the irritation, and you can't blow it out. It gets worse, too. I was in junior high, the worst possible social situation to be in when you have something gross going on. I sneezed in class, and shot about a foot of the now yellowed, soggy gauze out of my nose, where it hung from my face. I ran outside the classroom, teacher yelling at me, trying to pack it back in. I finally pulled it all out like the worst ever magicians silk scarf trick.[/sblock]
My finger's healing nicely, and the truck got fixed eventually. We thought we were in the clear at one point and started down the on ramp, when the high heat alarm went off. After a lot of stifled swearing, and a call to the mechanic, I illegally drove it back up the on ramp and back to the garage. Several stops were made to let the engine cool on the way. The mechanic discovered that when he refilled the coolant, there must have been an air bubble trapped inside and he had evidently under filled it.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases