Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC 2

Yttermayn

First Post
Ytterman, I found Agonizer's scorcher under the neverwinter nights wiki as the scorching ray description. Just for the sake of saying.

[sblock=for reference]

Aganazzar's Scorcher - Aganazzar's Scorcher
Path of fire deals 1d8/2 levels.
Source: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
School/Discipline: Evocation/
Descriptors: [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Components: T, V, S, F
Display: No
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Close
Area, Target or Effect: 5-ft.-wide path to close range
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throws: Reflex half
Resistance: Yes

A jet of roaring flame burst from your outstretched hand, scorching any creature in a 5-ft.-wide path to the edge of the spell's range. Aganazzar's scorcher deals 1d8 points of damage per two caster level, to a maximum of 5d8 points of damage.

Focus: A red dragon's scale.[/sblock]

I found Scorching Ray in the SRD, and it hits single target/s instead of an area, and does 4d6 per ray. Aganazzar's is a five foot wide stream, basically frying everything inside for 1d8/2 caster level. When John uses it (at this point) it will act as if cast by a 3rd lvl caster. Not telling you how many times it can do it though... ;-)

Yttermayn

First Post
Also: I'm gonna stick a link to the loot post Scott was going to maintain in the rogues gallery first post. I think you have a little work to do on that, Scott. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I don't have that book but I did find it on line and i have it in a s block in a previous post.

as for the swagg list, oops.

Can't do much right now, just got over a blood sugar drop to 40. What that means is it was very low, leaves me weak as a little baby- and twitchy muscles.

Leif

Adventurer
Blood sugar = 40?? Sounds dangerous! Maybe you'd better get to the Doc? Or you could just cut out the middleman and call the undertaker.... :heh:

[sblock=S DeWar]
You know I'm just funnin' right? Who wuvs ya SD? :D
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Blood sugar = 40?? Sounds dangerous! Maybe you'd better get to the Doc? Or you could just cut out the middleman and call the undertaker.... :heh:

[sblock=S DeWar]
You know I'm just funnin' right? Who wuvs ya SD? :D
[/sblock]

I have been at 40 once before, and it left me scary weak. i was not sure if ci would make it to the break room to my locker for "emergency rations"

Yttermayn

First Post
Yes, Aganazzar's is a forgotten realms spell. Plenty of references for it online. I have the book, but haven't opened it in years. It sticks in my mind 'cause it rocks hard.
Not gonna give any lectures about the diabetes. Just share that a friend of mine unfortunately passed a few years ago. He was the best GM I ever played under. I leaned some important things about people, about evil, about desperation, and about making choices through the campaign that he ran for myself and friends. Unfortunately for him, he for some reason never felt when his blood sugar dropped too low until he was on the brink of death. He had to be extra vigilant because he had no signs until it was almost too late. Ultimately it did him in. :.-(

Scott DeWar

6 oz of prevention = 250 lbs of cure

I figured it out. I just opened a new vial of insulin and a fresh vial is much more potent thenone three weeks old. That was the cause. Basicly I took an amount that was good for a weaker vial.

the cure is to take something that I had to swear off 11 years ago. Pineapple - orange juice. I found a 6 pac of 6 oz cans and I can keep one with me on the line.

Tadah! Fixed (I hope)!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases