Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC 2

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
This is knowen and mentioned, I am guessing:

Although there is no magic detected on the medallions, the paladin notices that each radiates with a faint taint of evil. You do also find a strange etched in the medallions. John recognizes it as the symbol of the ancient wizard known as Tsathzar Rho.

I am guessing this is pool mentioned:

Just beyond the largest nestle of black vines and in the northwest corner of the room can just barely be seen a liquid-filled pool with some still objects floating on the top, but it is hard to see anything else passed the vegetation unless you want to push, cut or burn your way past the thick vines.

And this is the stairs down:

A small structure of black rock stands in the center of this dark garden. It is square and has a wide door frame with no door. A staircase leading further down into the depths of this dungeon can be seen just passed the door frame opening.

For starters, I did not see the post this came from as it was posted at the same moment as I had!

I, as a player am hearing all kinds of alarm bells hounding - Basic player paranoia -

1. all of the dead or well defined vegetation

2. log dead bird skeletons in that empty fountain

3. Each thorn seems sticky with a black, gooish excretion.

4. small structure of black rock stands in the center of this dark garden

5. The soil is gray and gritty like ash

These all things catch my eye as a player. I will now re-post this in the ooc thread . . . .

Scott DeWar

ok, Since we are advancing to level 3, I want to make sure the source book : Complete Arcane is ok to use. There is a prestige class I want, spells I want and feats I want in that book.

is that ok?

Voda Vosa

First Post
My opinion is that Jhon should melt the pointy vegetation with his acid splash so we can check the pool and then advance to the third level.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
If you want to investigate the pool first, go ahead and do so. We need some filler while people are creating their characters, and it would be better to use up some spells now rather than after you rest and replenish.

Scott DeWar, I am alright with Complete Arcane as I have a copy, but I would also like to hear your idea.

Scott DeWar

prc plan: Elemental Savant: fire [Walking in grandpa's footsteps]
feat: Energy substitution [fire]
Spell: Fire burst

Leif

Adventurer
Been reading more about the feat Radiant Fire that I had planned to take for Grok at L3. It is widely panned as being a horrible feat, and largely useless. I'd like to select Extra Channel for Grok instead, if that's ok? I think that would help the party greatly, especially since Grok can now heal 2d6 hp of damage at L3 with each Channeling of energy he performs.

Remove ads