Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC 2

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
You can go home, split the cash, buy new equipment, and update your characters to level 4. That should keep us busy for awhile. Let's keep to 3.5 since it will be easier on nearly everyone to stay on the same ruleset.

Apperently, I hae not done this yet, so,

question 1: Can I take this feat? it would apply to the iron staff.

if you give the ok, it would be Invest spell slot feature

[sblock=invest spell slot]
Only spellcasters may choose to use this option. A character with an item familiar may choose to invest a single spell slot in his familiar and gain a bonus spell slot in return. The single spell slot must be of the highest spell level he can cast, and the bonus spell slot is always two levels lower than the slot invested in the item. As the caster gains (or loses) levels, the spell slot invested in the item changes so that it is always of the highest spell level he can cast, and the bonus spell slot also changes accordingly, remaining two levels lower than that.
If a spellcaster does not have a spell slot two levels lower than the highest spell level he can cast (if he can cast only 0- and 1st-level spells), he cannot use this option.
As with all other investiture options, if the item familiar is lost or destroyed, so are both spell slots.
For example, as a 7th-level wizard, Boredflak can cast 4th-level spells. He chooses to invest one 4th-level spell slot in his ring. The ring gains an additional 2nd-level spell slot, which Boredflak can use as long as he has the ring in his possession. When Boredflak attains 9th level, the spell slot assigned to the ring automatically becomes a 5th-level spell slot, and the bonus slot becomes a 3rd-level spell slot instead of a 2nd-level one.

further down the page:
[h=5]Spell Use[/h] An item familiar empowered with this ability may cast any spell invested in it as a standard action (or longer, as defined by the spell’s duration) as long as it does not have an expensive material component or an XP component. The item familiar need not provide any verbal or somatic components, and it need not provide any material components that cost less than 1 gp. The item familiar must meet the ability score prerequisites for the spell but casts the spell at the master’s level. The item familiar may cast the spell only on the master’s order (as described in Cantrips/ Orisons, above). If an item familiar casts an invested spell, it is as if the master cast it for purposes of spells per day and preparation.

[/sblock]

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/itemFamiliars.htm

Question 2:
do I understand this right on hot to use the above power, that it is at will?

pending approval, I think he is updated.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry, I was thinking Deuce was the target of your question. I want to make sure of the right answer, so @Deuce, will you verify the answer on this?

Wait, I think he already answered the level question. I think we're 3rd, because we were already 2nd, weren't we? But, yeah, you were right, Deuce was the target of my question. Why did I harrass you for not answering a DM question? But you might know the answer to the treasure question. You could even donate John's share to his good buddy Grok!

Leif

Adventurer
That's cool. I thought Grok was 2nd. Bonus for him, if so!

You're right, it's 4th: Here's what I had on my sheet for Grok -- XP : Enough for 3rd Level (min 3000) as of 9/7/14 (+ 500 for party neutralizing kobolds in black goo)]+250 (calling on Pelor as if on cue)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases