Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" (IC) 2

Yttermayn

First Post
ooc: I remember Grok used 2 CLW's after the boulder trap.

As John approaches, the object and his staff glow ever brighter. They are almost too bright to look at directly by the time he stands over the object. The skin of his fingertips begins to scorch before he even touches the object, forcing his hand away. John notices the shape looks familiar, like a metal flower petal.

Amaury

First Post
Roderic gives a brief prayer of thanks for their victory before turning to Rosalia. "Did I hear you correctly milady? There are more of the foe close at hand?"

"Yes, opposite corridor. We should keep watch in the corridor in case they attempt to attack us. They were asleep but combat has been noisy!" replies Rosalia as she looks around.

She quickly stares at the golden holder to evaluate its value before going for the book to have a look at it. She checks for possible traps nearby before attempting to read its content.

Leif

Adventurer
Grok half-orc cleric, OOC

ooc: I remember Grok used 2 CLW's after the boulder trap.
OOC: Then he should have one first level spell left for today! Thanks, Boss!

Grok says, "Grok have just one cure spell left today. Who closest to dead, come here and get help!"

Yttermayn

First Post
John sees the flower petal pattern repeated numerous times in the rose shaped head of his ancestral staff.
Rosalia guesses the value of the candle holder to be worth a small fortune, if undamaged. The book was handled very carefully by the leader kobold and its previous owners. Its worn leather spine though old, is uncreased. The book is closed on a crude wooden stand. The cover has something written on it in an unfamiliar, black, flowing script. She can see no signs of any traps. Opening it gingerly, more of the same script is on the inside.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Is any one petel glowing brighter then the others? if so, he will place the staff near the petel with the brightest glow nearest it one on the floor.

Yttermayn

First Post
When the head of John' staff comes within a few inches of the metallic petal, it slides across the floor as if by magnetism. There is a clinking sound and a flash, and the head of the staff continues to glow a few moments afterwards. A new petal is attached to the staff that bears a reddish orange tint. John gets the distinct impression that pointing the staff at an enemy and triggering that petal would be Very Bad for the enemy and anyone caught between them.

Amaury

First Post
"Hmm, I can't read this language.. Anyone gifted in foreign scriptures??" asks Rosalia.

She walks away from the table and looks around for hidden stuff. She lifts the various 'blankets' and searches around.

ooc: hmm, what about 70 for a search check?? could find a needle in a hay stack!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"John, still looking at the new petel says, Tuk, I think that petel belongs to the staff. i wonder how it tot sweperateded .. .. .. ..Hmm? Languages, yes I know a few. Why do you ask?"

He stops staring at the flower motif on the staff and looks in front of him begiled by the beauty of Rosalia as she walks away from the book. it is a few seconds before he realizes what the object of the questions was again but sees the book and quickly figures things out. He blushes at his staring at the beautiful motif if the young woman, then procedes to bury his nose in the book she indicates.

"Huh? Oh, Yeah. Book. Languages." he strats parusing the writing .. .. .. .. ..

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases