[LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)

Satin Knights

First Post
With fighting defensively posturing (AC 18), Gragnor acrobatically moves from E3 through E2, D1 to C1 to give his big buddy a charge lane with flank. "Grrr"

2-lpf-crypt-everflame-01-first-fight.jpg

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The 'cat' slinks and slides around the hapless orc, leaving it too befuddled to even think about taking a swing.

GM: Map updated. Ravenath and Kalgor are up.

[sblock=OOC]I appreciate the help with the map, SK, but it'll be a lot easier for me to keep up if I do the updating ;) (Just re-read this - hope I didn't come across as being snarky! It's so hard to 'say' stuff like that in PbP and convey the proper emotion).[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
[u]Combatant          AC/ T/FF   -HP      Condition[/u]
Ravenath           12/12/10    00      None
Kalgor             14/11/13    00      None
Orc 02             13/10/13    00      None
Anaerion           16/13/13    00      None
Orc 03             13/10/13    00      None
Orc 01             13/10/13    00      None
Gragnor            16/12/14    00      None
Iosef              18/10/18    00      None
[/sblock]

Attachments

• First Fight.jpg
    First Fight.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ravenath shakes off his surprise before any but Ragnor; he moves quickly as he can to a position from which he can get a clear line of fire , drawing a dagger and throwing it in a smooth motion as he moves. The dagger thunks into the log behind the orc.

GM: Kalgor is up!

[sblock=GM Request/SOP]OK, I tend to be fairly relaxed about pace and I'm not in a huge hurry - this will be more an endurance event than a sprint. But I would like to keep things moving so folks don't get bored. So here's what I'm asking (and planning). This is for combat, or situations where the rest of the party has to wait for one person's actions.

If a player hasn't posted an action after 24 hours, I'll make a standard sort of action on their behalf. If you'd like to give me some guidance as to what sort of action you'd like to take, feel free to PM me or put it in a spoiler block and I'll do my best to follow it.

If a player's been absent for four days (without some sort of notification) I'll assume they won't be back and will either seek a replacement or we'll continue on with the reduced number - depending on how you guys are handling the encounters to that point.

Does this sound fair to all? I'm open to extending the AWOL time even up to a week - as I said, I'm pretty relaxed with pacing and this is a leisure activity for me.

Also, I've got a lot of irons in the fire. If I forget something or get a stat/placement/etc. wrong don't hesitate to point it out to me, please![/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
Anaerion           16/13/13    00      None
[/sblock]

Attachments

• First Fight.jpg
    First Fight.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor (move) back peddles to K5 (if 5 is difficult terrain, else L5) forming a defensive line with his compatriots and (std) readies to strike an advancing orc with the unfinished handbo in hand. [sblock=ooc]Not that it changes the stats except for a crit, but I think it is just a club at the moment...[/sblock] (free) Kalgor calls out "Grease five feet in front of the line."
[sblock=SOP]My suggestion wasn't for sblocks here for "next intended move", but for on our wikia character sheets. That keeps the story thread relatively clean, and leaves a good sized scratchpad on our character sheets for defining our own SOPs. PS. I am trying to get spoiler blocks working on the wiki too.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=SOP]
With as limited spells per day as I have, I try to limit my prepared spells to 1 per combat. Otherwise Im shooting at them with a crossbow, or reading an attack. Posting wise, weekends are the hardest for me. Weekdays I am normally on at least 1 time in a 24 hour period.

Also, as much as I would love to have a 16 AC, it is currently only a 13 AC & Touch.
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The shout out was only a suggestion. With Kalgor's wis 9, it won't always be the best action. Always do what you want to do. See Kalgor's character sheet for an example of "intended next action" that the GM can grab and paste if I am away from my machine for a while, so as not to slow up everyone. Sundays get a bit busy for me as well at times.[/sblock]
[sblock=gm]You missed posting a die roll there for Ravenath. ;)[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The orc behind the fallen log leaps over and runs full bore toward the party.

[sblock=OOC]Yep, darker colored squares are difficult terrain. Ravenath's attack now linked, Anaerion's AC corrected - good catch, jackslate.[/sblock]

GM: Anaerion is up!

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
Anaerion           13/13/10    00      None
[/sblock]

Attachments

• First Fight.jpg
    First Fight.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 99

Ravenath

First Post
Ravenath, human fighter 1

OOC: Ravenath will atack the enemies that is attacking the less "close combat" characters, ie, a wizard.

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion, listening to his companion, casts grease right behind the orc, hoping that no more will charge after them.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Cast Grease, filling up area i4, i3, j4, j3)
Move: Draw Crossbow
[/sblock]

EDIT: Enworld's crashing on me everytime now.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The lone unoccupied orc is apparently not bright enough to recognize his danger - he comes charging up to try and put his falchion through Kalgor's skull . . . and falls flat on his butt as he slides to a stop at the Summoner's feet! Before the poor thing can even try to stand up, Kalgor whips his half-finished Hanbo around and smacks it in the throat. Its larynx makes a wet crunching sound as it collapses, but the orc is made of sterner stuff than mere humans - it struggles to its feat and prepares to swing in spite of its mortal wound!

The monster facing off against Ragnor makes a mighty swing, just missing the big cat's side.

GM: Gragnor is up, Kalgor gets an AoO vs. Orc 01, and then Iosef is up.

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
Anaerion           13/13/10    00      None
Orc 01             13/10/13    08      Staggered, Dying
Gragnor            16/12/14    00      'Dying'
[/sblock]