[LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor swings his unfinished handbo at the hapless orc, cracking it a good one.

[sblock=Umm....]Fixed by GM: Gragnor was fighting defensively this round since post 41, so he would have been AC 18, which means the orc missed him with his 16. Since the orc wouldn't have left victoriously and would still be at D2, Gragnor is attacking back. It is interesting the die roller doesn't have a d3. The claw damage is 3.[/sblock]
Switching to full out attack mode (AC16), Gragnor bites the orc in the leg, and his right claw slashes open it's thigh, while the left misses wildly.
[sblock=Combat Status]Fixed by GM: I think Orc3 should be at D2 and -4hp, Orc1 at -13hp if it was slip in grease, readied action, stand, AoO, or just -5hp if it was slip, stand, AoO and Ready trigger simultaneously. Orc1 would be the one staggered and dying. Gragnor at full health, and how ever it sorts out, Ioseph is up now.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
End of Round 01

[sblock=SK]Right you are on all counts - I registered the defensive fighting when I read it the first time but had forgotten by the time I got to the post. Previous post edited to reflect.

Did you miss a crit confirm for Gragnor? Looks like his claw attack was a Crit Threat.[/sblock]

Iosef's longsword slashes across the belly of the orc in front of him, leaving a gaping wound. Something feels off to the now experienced Paladin . . . his sword passed too easily through the orc's flesh.

[sblock=Iosef]These orcs are illusionary![/sblock]

GM: Top of Round 02: Ravenath is up.

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
[u]Combatant          AC/ T/FF   -HP      Condition[/u]
Ravenath           12/12/10    00      None
Orc 02             13/10/13    09      Staggered, Dying
Anaerion           13/13/10    00      None
Kalgor             14/11/13    00      None
Orc 03             13/10/13    04      None
Orc 01             13/10/13    13      Staggered, Dying
Gragnor            16/12/14    00      None
Iosef              18/10/18    00      None
[/sblock]

Attachments

• First Fight.jpg
    First Fight.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: As [MENTION=99475]Ravenath[/MENTION] has said he has trouble posting on weekends, I'll wait 'till tomorrow afternoon to post up for him.

Ravenath

First Post
Ravenath, human warrior 1

Ravenath gets near the third orc while draws one of his daggers located in his right shoulder.

-Leave the cat in peace, you fool.

Then, he throws the dagger to his enemy.

OOC:
I move to f2 and throw the dagger to the orc in d2.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=rb780nm]Shout it from the rooftops, man! :D Speech is a free action (within reasonable limits) that can be taken out of initiative order.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC (All)]OK, I took a few artistic liberties with the fluff, but I think I got all the mechanics correct. As usual, let me know if I've missed something.

You may make a DC 16 Will Save (at +4 since Iosef tipped you off) to disbelieve the illusion each time you hit or are hit by an orc.

(I decided to go ahead and allow Ravenath the +4 to his Will Save since rb780nm had already asked about shouting out and could have done that as soon as Iosef realized.)

Feel free to make a Perception Check as part of your next action post to spot the illusionist.[/sblock]

As Ravenath slips between the orcs facing off against his new allies, they take him up on the opening he offers. The falchion wielding orc misses his swing, but the other whirls and plants his greataxe deep in the fighter's side, dropping him instantly to the grease slicked ground. However, Ravenath shakes his head and looks disbelievingly at his wound for a moment, seeing nothing. He springs to his feet and takes another short step, then flings his dagger at the orc facing Gragnor; the missile smacks into the orc with a meaty thunk!

GM: Anaerion and Kalgor are up!

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Orcs 01 & 02 take Attacks of Opportunity against Ravenath: AoO To Hit (1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=22), one hit for (1d12+4=14) damage.

Ravenath's Will Save (1d20+4=18) vs. Illusion - successful, his wounds are not real.
Ravenath's Reflex Save (1d20+3=16) to avoid falling in the Grease - succeeds.
Ravenath's Crit Confirm (1d20+4=6) - misses.

Orc 02 swings at Iosef, To Hit (1d20+5=12), misses.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
[u]Combatant          AC/ T/FF   -HP      Condition[/u]
Ravenath           12/12/10    00      None
Orc 02             13/10/13    10      Staggered, Dying
Anaerion           13/13/10    00      None
Kalgor             14/11/13    00      None
Orc 03             13/10/13    06      None
Orc 01             13/10/13    13      Staggered, Dying
Gragnor            16/12/14    00      None
Iosef              18/10/18    00      None
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ravenath]Your movement is only 20'/Rnd as long as you're wearing the backpack, and that is cut in half as you cross the grease, so you'll have had to stop at I3 in order to make your attack. I assumed this is what you'd want so wrote the scene this way.[/sblock]

Attachments

• First Fight.jpg
    First Fight.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
"They're not real! There's a mage around here controlling them, look for him!"

OOC: Perception checks all round?
With a hard look at the orcs, and Anaerion starts looking around. Where is the caster controlling these?

[sblock]

Move: Perception Checks
Standard: Ready Action that if he can hear the spell caster spelling, ID the spell.

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases