Character Approval

renau1g

First Post
Anybody can edit their character sheet on the site and add the Approved tag. The Official Approved Characters thread can only be edited by the judges, so it can't be spoofed.

Maybe that's not important, though, if the honour system works well enough.

But if it's not being updated (which it isn't) then it's not useful right?

Personally I find it a bit of a PITA to log out and log back in with the judge account. I'm just one judge though.

covaithe

Explorer
I check all the xp links when I review, especially for PC's I'm unfamiliar with.

Right, but if someone is spoofing being accepted through the wiki, they might not ever submit their character for approval. In fact, if they avoided games where the DM is a judge, they could go for a long time without a judge ever laying eyes on the character sheet.

I admit this is an improbable, pathological situation, but it's this case that the official thread was intended to prevent. In order to ditch the official thread, we would effectively be declaring that we consider this case sufficiently unlikely that we're not going to worry about it. I don't have a problem with making that decision, if there's a consensus, but we should be aware that that's the decision we're making.

Personally I find it a bit of a PITA to log out and log back in with the judge account. I'm just one judge though.

Yeah, that would be a PITA. What I've done in the past is to use a separate browser for judge stuff. Internet Explorer stays logged in as Judge, 'cause I never use it for anything else. That's reasonably non-annoying.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
I haven't done much character approval lately, but this is how I do all of my games. I've got everyone's CS, IC, the adventure, photobucket, and compendium on a separate tab. Each adventure is in a separate window. This way I can go back and forth quickly between sheets. The tab sets are saved in link folders, so I can launch them all at once.

I have to admit though, I've never considered logging in differently on a different browser though. That's a good idea. Way to go Cov.

Sasahara

First Post
I use the different browser trick at work when I have personal and work accounts that need to be logged in at the same time. I think it would work just as well here, where you have an admin and personal account :)

Remove ads