Character Approval

Sasahara

First Post
Hi, folks!

I joined this site at the end of December looking to join PbP games. I submitted a character, but haven't heard anything from admins since then. I know people are busy, but when I looked at the approved character thread, the last approval posted was last April. What's going on with character approval here?

Thanks for any help! I'm anxious to game, but want to do things properly...

CaBaNa

First Post
Jump in and begin RPing in the Tavern, no approval necessary, you can even go on adventure without approval.

Make sure to hassle the judges as your adventure comes to a close, as experience cannot be gained without approval.

renau1g

First Post
We should probably just delete that thread. It's not up to date and the wikia site has the Approved Characters filter in it, so it's not serving any purpose. [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION] - thoughts?>

covaithe

Explorer
Is the approved characters thread not getting updated? Hmm. I'm well out of the loop on character approvals, I'm afraid.

The idea behind having the list in a thread, rather than in the wiki, was so that only judges could update the official list. Otherwise, what's to stop me from just declaring my characters to be level 8?

But, if no one's updating or paying attention to that list, I guess it doesn't matter much. What do you guys think?

renau1g

First Post
Well, you need to have the xp linked on your wiki sheet, so if you say (for example) that Ikni's level 8, I can see that the xp links don't match up.

covaithe

Explorer
Yes, but why would you ever look? If I put in some bogus numbers with links off into the middle of some thread somewhere, under what circumstances would you be checking those links?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
We should probably just delete that thread. It's not up to date and the wikia site has the Approved Characters filter in it, so it's not serving any purpose. [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION] - thoughts?>

Anybody can edit their character sheet on the site and add the Approved tag. The Official Approved Characters thread can only be edited by the judges, so it can't be spoofed.

Maybe that's not important, though, if the honour system works well enough.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Anybody can edit their character sheet on the site and add the Approved tag. The Official Approved Characters thread can only be edited by the judges, so it can't be spoofed.

Maybe that's not important, though, if the honour system works well enough.
FWIW: We don't have such a thread on LEB. We've just used the Wiki system. You can check edits to see if it is really approved or not and there is also an email trail.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases