Dragon Gods (Aasterinian, Chronepsis, and Faluzure)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
ok, here is what i have worked up so far. it's not much, but it will improve. i'll be uploading the file from time to time as i change or work on it. what i have so far is what i've been able to do with only the DDG and Monster Mythology as sources. i'll be able to use other sources once i get home. feel free to make whatever appropriate suggestions and comments you can come up with. :)

all of those parenthetical items are either items from Monster Mythology, or my own guesses and suppostions, that you way want to consider one way or the other.

Edit: Welcome to our conversion of the dragon gods, the first conversions we attempted! Look towards the end of page 3 of this thread, and you will find the final products in three separate documents titled by the name of each god. the document posted below, "gods of dragons" is an early prototype.

Attachments

• gods of dragons.doc
    35 KB · Views: 691
Last edited:

Filby

First Post
If it's any help, I can provide you a little of the missing info on them.

Aasternian. Aliases: Hlal (Toril), Avachel Quicksilver (Elves); Titles: The Messenger of Io, the Jester, the Pursued; Home Plane: Ysgard/Nidavellir/Brassberg and Arborea/Olympus/Arvandor; Portfolio: learning, invention, play, pleasure, humor.

Chronepsis. Aliases: Zorquaan (Toril), Null (Toril); Titles: The Time Dragon.

Falazure. Aliases: Null (Toril); Titles: The Night Dragon, the Shadowed One; Home Plane: Carceri/Minethys/The Mausoleum of Pain AKA The Falazureum.

Hope that helps:)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i dug out all the books i mentoined in the last thread. (well, get to get draconomicon still...) in "On Hallowed Ground", page 175, we find these gods listed.

Aasterinian - goddess of Invention and pleasure - WAL, CN & CG
Chronepsis - god of Fate, death, and judgement - WAL, N/A
Faluzure - god of Undead and decay - WAL, all evil

any hints at what other Planescape (or other) products i can find them in?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
a few tidbits i found in Dragon mag (about the only thing there was to find):

Dragon 248, Arcane Lore

Faluzure’s Curse
(Necromancy)
Sphere: Necromantic
Level: 4
Range: 0
Components: V, M
Duration: 1 turn/level
Casting Time: 3
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: None

When this nefarious spell is cast, the dragon is surrounded by a layer of necromantic energy. This aura is completely invisible and cannot be detected by any means save for magic specifically designed to detect necromantic energies; a simple detect magic does not suffice.
While the spell lasts, any creature slain by the dragon via tooth and claw (or other body weapon, such as a tail or wing), rises as a zombie lord 24 hours later. These creatures are under the control of the dragon, and their loyalty cannot be swayed by any means, though they can be turned as usual. However, the number of zombie lords that can be animated via this spell cannot exceed the dragon’s hit dice. Additional undead simply do not rise. This assumes, of course, that the dragon doesn’t eat a slam victim prior to animation; consumed bodies are exempt from the effect.
Obviously, this spell is useless against the undead, but creatures without corporeal bodies, other-planar creatures that can be categorized as “immortal” (e.g., fiends, elementals, etc.), and creatures native (or strongly linked) to the Negative Energy plane are immune to the spell as well. Similarly, any creature with a natural or magically-induced immunity to necromantic magic, or one that simply cannot be raised as an undead creature, is not susceptible to this spell.
The material component for this spell is the dragon’s holy symbol. The symbol is not consumed by the spell.
This spell is granted only to those dragons who worship Faluzure.(5) Spell scrolls are safeguarded so that, if used by any other creature, the undead produced by the magic immediately attack the caster and persist until either they or the caster is slam. Should the caster be slain during such a battle, the necromantic energies that sustain the undead creatures ends, allowing their spirits to depart to the appropriate outer plane.

5. Faluzure, the dragon god of death and decay, is detailed in Council of Wyrms, book two, page 48.

Dragon 205, the Plane Truth Part III

Third day in the Mausoleum: I have lost all track of days and nights. The march sun across the sky, the falling grains of the hourglass — what is the use of these things in Chronepsis’ realm? The span of days is his to rule, within the Mausoleum’s shattered boundaries. Perhaps I have aged here, perhaps I have not. Glin greeted me this morning, his face unlined and horns just budding. By afternoon he was aged again. Could the same be happening to me? Sometimes my handsare hard and worn with care, then fresh with youth. There is no way to tell. Chronepsis banishes all reflections, so that even the smoothest water does not share what it sees.
Glin is impatient to leave. He worries that Chronepsis, sole inhabitant of this realm, will change his humor. I am reluctant to leave. I have never been in the presence of a god before, even a scaled one like Chronepsis. Still I have become used to the presence of petitioners throughout the land, so it is strange to find none here. What becomes of those destined for Chronepsis’ land? Perhaps they are the grains within his hourglasses. Glin is right. It is time (if there is time here) to leave.
First day outside the Mausoleum: Glin’s fears seemed unfounded. Indeed I wonder if Chronepsis truly knew we were there. Perhaps we are still there in the shuffled randomness of the dragon lord's hours, arriving with our heads bowed during its breakfast, leaving quietly again at lunch, only to reappear during dinner counting the hourglasses in their niches.
Outside the limits of the Mausoleum, the land has changed. It is no longer green, but has the sere look of fall. It reminds me of Cormyr. Since the Mausoleum I can no longer count the days from Sigil.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Looks good so far...although I belive the size of Chronepsis to be wrong. All the descriptons I have read about the draconic of Fate and Death, his appearance has always been described as that of a medium-sized black dragon. Of course, this would cause him to loose the crush and tailsweep attacks... one of his breathweapons I think would be similar to that of the Ghost Dragon, in that it ages those hit by it.

Falazure - Should have the same breathweapon as a great wyrm shadow dragon (cone of billowing shadows, drains 8 levels on a failed save, 4 on a successfull.)

One of Falazure's chosen, and the only one he has in the realms, is Aurglorasa 'the sibilant shade'. I've written up her stats if you're interrested. Although neither shadow dragons nor the dracolich template OGL (yet... :D)

But, it looks good so far.

Later,

Last edited:

Filby

First Post
BOZ said:
cool, where did you get all that? :)

Oh, there's a couple of webpages I found it on. :) The first is James O'Rance's Planescape page, 'A Teifling's Exultation'. There's a sort of cosmological table right here.

The other is right here, at some fellow's RPG site. There's a lot of files containing base information for many pantheons of deities from D&D, plus stats for a lot of races (a few of them are on Wizards' 'free downloads' page).

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
cool, please post your sources when you add information. :)

PS, i figured out how to scan text with my scanner. soon, i will post some information relative to these here dragons.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Scans from Monstrous Mythology

These are the original entries for the deities, from the 2E source.

The following is a spell from Tome of Magic that descrbes one of Aasterinian's breath weapons:

Spiral of Degeneration
(Enchantment/Charm, Invocation)

Sphere: Chaos, Thought
Range: 0
Duration: 6 turns
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: 50?foot?diameter sphere
Saving Throw: Special

This potent spell affects all creatures hostile to the priest within the area of effect. The Power granting the spell causes the spell's effects to manifest in one of two ways: the Chaos variation or the Thought variation.

In the Chaos variation, the fabric of reality is altered to change events. Magical items dysfunction because the fabric of magical reality is changed.

In the Thought variation, the thoughts of the victims of the spell are distorted and altered so that they find themselves unable to function coherently and effectively. Magical items dysfunction because the thoughts of their users are warped to either convince them that the items cannot function or block thought so that proper commands cannot be given.

The effects on the victims of the spell are the same for both variations. Each round, there is a 50% chance that a degeneration effect will occur in the area of effect. When this occurs, two events take place. First, spellcasters lose one spell from each level of spell currently memorized (e.g., a spellcaster who has memorized three spells each from levels 1 through 3 loses one spell from each level for a total of three). Lost spells may be regained normally through rest and memorization.

Second, magical items are affected in the following ways:

9 Weapons and armor lose one level of enchantment (a sword +3 becomes a sword +2, etc.).

9 Magical items that carry charges (wands, rods, staves, etc.) are drained of 1d10 charges.

9 Magical items without pluses or charges must make a saving throw versus spell (using the saving throw of their owner) or become nonmagical.

9 Potions lose all magic and scrolls lose one randomly determined spell.

Permanent magical items (swords, boots, armor, etc.) temporarily lose all effects until the spell expires or until the items leave the area of effect and for 1d10 rounds thereafter.

Single?use and charged items are permanently affected by this spell. A potion destroyed by this spell remains useless even after the spell ends.

Within the area of effect, magical communication is impossible due to thought blocks and chaotic effects. No communication magic (ESP sending, etc.) will function; any spellcaster trying to cast such a spell will be stunned for 1 round per level of the spell he attempts to cast. A reverse of the tongues spell operates continuously in the area of effect. Telepathic communication (e.g., with a familiar) is also impossible.

In the Chaos variation of the spell, the center of the area of effect moves 10' per round. The direction is randomly determined using 1d8 roll and compass points (I No 2 = NE, 3 = E, 4 = SE, 5 = S, 6 = SW, 7 = W, 8 NW). The radius of the spell effect will never exclude the priest who cast the spell; re?roll any result that leads to this occurrence.

Attachments

• scans - dragon gods.doc
    34 KB · Views: 239

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases