Mouse Guard love....

What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore Treebore
    My communities:

Mouse Guard love....

for those of us who have discovered, at least in my case, that Mouse Guard and the FATE system in general, makes for some great gaming, I found information posted by their Marketing Manager that the boxed set should hopefully be out in March, no later than April.

So if you haven't done so yet you may want to get your pre orders in now. I'm going to as soon as I can.
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. NEVER hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you, IF it goes against the obvious intent of the game. As you hew the line with respect to conformity to major systems and uniformity of play in general, also be certain the game is mastered by you and not by your players. Within the broad parameters give in the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Volumes, YOU are creator and final arbiter. By ordering things as they should be, the game as a WHOLE first, your CAMPAIGN next, and your participants thereafter, you will be playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons as it was meant to be. May you find as much pleasure in so doing as the rest of us do.

-1E DMG, page 230

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore Treebore
    My communities:

I went ahead and placed my pre-order:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Guard-Roleplaying-Game-Box/dp/1936393174/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1294959363&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set (9781936393176): David Petersen, Luke Crane: Books[/ame]
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. NEVER hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you, IF it goes against the obvious intent of the game. As you hew the line with respect to conformity to major systems and uniformity of play in general, also be certain the game is mastered by you and not by your players. Within the broad parameters give in the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Volumes, YOU are creator and final arbiter. By ordering things as they should be, the game as a WHOLE first, your CAMPAIGN next, and your participants thereafter, you will be playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons as it was meant to be. May you find as much pleasure in so doing as the rest of us do.

-1E DMG, page 230

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore karlindel
    My communities:

Doesn't Mouse Guard use a modified version of the Burning Wheel system, not the FATE system?

Aasimar Aardvark COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

PlanescapeCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial Fund

Ignore TarionzCousin
    My communities:

Treebore, if I didn't know that Mouse Guard was the name of a game I would be worried about you.
    Rose City Regulars - ENWorld Gamers in and around Portland, Oregon, USA

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Wycen
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by karlindel View Post
    Doesn't Mouse Guard use a modified version of the Burning Wheel system, not the FATE system?
    Correct as far as I understand. FATE is a good system I can understand and enjoy. The system crafted in Burning Wheel, whatever it is supposed to be, was modified for Mouse Guard.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore David Howery
    My communities:

is this really a FRPG about... mice?

I thought that was rather goofy, until I remembered that Reaper Miniatures has a 'mousling' line of minis that are all about heroic mice.

Come to think of it, it's still rather goofy...

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Ignore Aberzanzorax
    My communities:

And aren't pixar movies about bugs and toys...and the life of a rat?

I joke, but I joke to point out that mousegard is anything but goofy despite being about mice.

It's a wonderful game, full of meaning, heroism, and heart.

That said, I wanted to ask a question. I've never read the comics. Are these worth picking up by someone, like myself, who thinks the game is pretty great?

I see how this ends: a thousand Reepicheep clones.
    "The Soul of D&D? It's rolling a natural 20 when you're down to 3 hit points and the cleric's on the floor and you're staring that sunnavabitch bugbear right in his bloodshot eye and holding the line just long enough to let the wizard unleash a fireball at the guards who are on their way, because they're all that stands between you, the Foozle and Glory." - WizarDru

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore kitsune9
    My communities:

I have the core book and really enjoyed it. I would like to get the box set. Anyone know when it comes out?

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore Treebore
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Wycen View Post
    Correct as far as I understand. FATE is a good system I can understand and enjoy. The system crafted in Burning Wheel, whatever it is supposed to be, was modified for Mouse Guard.

I haven't read the rules, I only played, but it sure played like FATE. It had Aspects, Fate points, everything. We even rolled 2d6 with one negative and the other positive.

-1E DMG, page 230

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast