Mouse Guard love....

Treebore

First Post
for those of us who have discovered, at least in my case, that Mouse Guard and the FATE system in general, makes for some great gaming, I found information posted by their Marketing Manager that the boxed set should hopefully be out in March, no later than April.

So if you haven't done so yet you may want to get your pre orders in now. I'm going to as soon as I can.

Treebore

First Post
I went ahead and placed my pre-order:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Guard-Roleplaying-Game-Box/dp/1936393174/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1294959363&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set (9781936393176): David Petersen, Luke Crane: Books[/ame]

Wycen

Explorer
Doesn't Mouse Guard use a modified version of the Burning Wheel system, not the FATE system?

Correct as far as I understand. FATE is a good system I can understand and enjoy. The system crafted in Burning Wheel, whatever it is supposed to be, was modified for Mouse Guard.

is this really a FRPG about... mice?

I thought that was rather goofy, until I remembered that Reaper Miniatures has a 'mousling' line of minis that are all about heroic mice.

Come to think of it, it's still rather goofy... :p

And aren't pixar movies about bugs and toys...and the life of a rat?

I joke, but I joke to point out that mousegard is anything but goofy despite being about mice.

It's a wonderful game, full of meaning, heroism, and heart.

That said, I wanted to ask a question. I've never read the comics. Are these worth picking up by someone, like myself, who thinks the game is pretty great?

Treebore

First Post
Correct as far as I understand. FATE is a good system I can understand and enjoy. The system crafted in Burning Wheel, whatever it is supposed to be, was modified for Mouse Guard.

I haven't read the rules, I only played, but it sure played like FATE. It had Aspects, Fate points, everything. We even rolled 2d6 with one negative and the other positive.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases