Two-Fold Pact and Pact Effects

If one possesses the Warlock, Two-fold Pact feat, does one also get to utilize the added pact insofar as powers that have an effect for that pact?

For example, say I'm a infernal lock, who took Star Pact for my Two-fold Pact, and had the following power,

Effect: You do x damage and push the target 3 squares.

Star Pact: You push the target an additional # of sqaures = to your chr mod.

In this instance, would I get to utilize the Star Pact effect?

godfear

Explorer
I would say yes. Emphasis added below

Twofold Pact

"Benefit: You gain a second Eldritch Pact. You gain the at-will spell and pact boon of that pact. You can use only one of your pact boon benefits at a time, however."

Warlock - Eldritch Pact

"The pact you take also provides bonuses to certain warlock powers. Individual powers detail the effects (if any) your Eldritch Pact selection has on them."

Mapache

Explorer
Yes. You in all ways have the additional pact and its at-will, boon, and rider effects.

On a side note, this feat is particularly fabulous for Hybrid Warlocks, who do not have the boon of their primary pact unless they spend their Hybrid Talent feat on it, but this lets them pick up a full "secondary" pact at paragon in addition to whatever at-will they chose at 1st (which isn't limited by their choice of original pact) and the rider effects of the original pact they chose.

Yes. You in all ways have the additional pact and its at-will, boon, and rider effects.

On a side note, this feat is particularly fabulous for Hybrid Warlocks, who do not have the boon of their primary pact unless they spend their Hybrid Talent feat on it, but this lets them pick up a full "secondary" pact at paragon in addition to whatever at-will they chose at 1st (which isn't limited by their choice of original pact) and the rider effects of the original pact they chose.

I have yet to read how hybrids work, but I thought they issued errata for this? I don't know if the below has anything to do with what you're saying but I thought I'd share it with you just in case.

"In the second sentence, replace “both pacts” with
“that pact.” This change ensures that a warlock
hybrid isn’t using this feat to gain the at-will power
and pact boon of both his or her original pact and the
new pact."

By the way, thanks for replying everyone.

Mapache

Explorer
I have yet to read how hybrids work, but I thought they issued errata for this? I don't know if the below has anything to do with what you're saying but I thought I'd share it with you just in case.

"In the second sentence, replace “both pacts” with
“that pact.” This change ensures that a warlock
hybrid isn’t using this feat to gain the at-will power
and pact boon of both his or her original pact and the
new pact."

By the way, thanks for replying everyone.

It now works as I described above. The errata you quote was to keep it from being completely insane. It originally referred to "both pacts", which meant your hybrid could pick a pact at level 1 and some at-will not from that pact or the other one he wants. Then, at 11, he would take Twofold Pact and gain two at-wills, from his original pact and his new pact, and the boon from both pacts. Now, you only gain the at-will and boon from the new pact, not from your original hybrid pact as well (which counts as that pact for purposes of pre-requisites, like this feat).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases