Tome of Horrors Complete Edition

ruemere

Adventurer
Our friendly successors of Necromancers Games, FROG GOD GAMES, are releasing Tome of Horrors Complete Edition.

As I have hunted high and low for more information, I happened on product release thread at Paizo forums with Bill Webb, Greg Vaughan and the Pale (Chuck Wright, the layout person for Frog God Games) answering questions of anxious fans.

New link: Announcement thread at Necromancer Games forum.

Two items of special interest:

Bill Webb on release specifics:
"Pre-orders will be taken as soon as this bad boy is in layout (figure May or so?). This will be done so that you can ensure that you get a first print (I expect a sell out, quite frankly). Bear in mind that 500 of these is going to cost me $15-20k in print costs, so I cannot print more until the first batch are sold. Without a pre-order, it could take a while to get one if they all sell out."

Pale on the content:
"Oh, and here's a list of the 735 entries culled from the indeces of the 3 Tomes of Horror." (follow the link to read the list)

Additionally:
- there will be two books, one for S&W, the other for Pathfinder
- there will be accompanying PDFs
- the S&W version may be somewhat smaller
- Universal Monster Format will be followed through, however Universal Monster Rules are not going to be reprinted
- the monsters (Pathfinder version) will come in the ratio of a single monster per single page, two monsters per page or one monster per two pages (depends on monsters)

Regards,
Ruemere

Last edited:

thundershot

Adventurer
Awesome!! I'm definitely in for a PF book. I wish we had at least a hint of the cost so I can put it aside from my tax refund money...

thundershot

Adventurer
Looking at the thread more, it seems to be in the $100+ range. That gives me an idea of what to hold back. I wish they'd do preorders now. I'd give them some supplementary income if nothing else.

BriarMonkey

First Post
Yeah!!!

I loved those books - even if I missed the first one (but I did get the later PDF). As for the price tag, I'm okay with that.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
This is great news. $100 would be a bit steep...did the announcement give a page count? I might have missed that info but I'm speed reading these days.

Any PF stuff is welcome in my archive. :)

ruemere

Adventurer
This is great news. $100 would be a bit steep...did the announcement give a page count? I might have missed that info but I'm speed reading these days.

Any PF stuff is welcome in my archive. :)

No, they did not give page count estimates aside from:
- it's going to be bigger than Ptolus (600+ pages),
- 750+ monsters, with each monster taking page, two pages or half a page.

Regards,
Ruemere

thundershot

Adventurer
I thought I saw somewhere that it would clock in at 1000 pages... Or is that how many monsters that were originally estimated?

I think $100 is fair.

Treebore

First Post
I thought I saw somewhere that it would clock in at 1000 pages... Or is that how many monsters that were originally estimated?

I think $100 is fair.

It was pointed out if they did 1 monster per page that it would be right at 1,000 pages. Around 800 pages is more likely. The Swords and Wizardry should be much shorter.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases