Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yes, I hopscotched your post so didn't see it.

Swords seem wrong for a a race that's supposed to be primitive, but I'd accept spears. I prefer regular spears over longspears. They live in woods and swamps, areas there might not be room to easily move a longspear about.

Good point. In that case, we might as well make spear the ranged attack rather than javelins. Updated.

Mortis

First Post
Well spear makes my query void. :D

I have slight niggle with 'They were created by the Herathians about 1700 years ago' in the Mystara section. As it reads it doesn't matter when your game is set they were always created 1700 years ago. I suggest changing it to ...about 700 BC... (baseline time for Mystara is 1000 AC or 1010 for 2E). 0 AC was the founding of the Thyatian Empire (IIRC) whilst BC is before the Empire. B-)

Other than that I reckon we're finished.

Regards
Mortis

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
I have slight niggle with 'They were created by the Herathians about 1700 years ago' in the Mystara section. As it reads it doesn't matter when your game is set they were always created 1700 years ago. I suggest changing it to ...about 700 BC... (baseline time for Mystara is 1000 AC or 1010 for 2E). 0 AC was the founding of the Thyatian Empire (IIRC) whilst BC is before the Empire. B-)

Makes sense. Updated.

Cleon

Legend
Good point. In that case, we might as well make spear the ranged attack rather than javelins. Updated.

I agree to both.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases