Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Cleon

Legend
Er... mostly on the fact that we gave the shazak a movement of 30 ft when its original speed was 9".

On reflection, maybe we got the shazak's wrong. Should it of been 20 ft.?

Looking back I guess I'm to blame. Although I did get some support ;)
Shazak Speed: 9"

Regards
Mortis

I'd keep the Shazak 30 ft. The AD&D version's faster than a Lizard Man (9" vs 6"), and the SRD Lizardfolk has speed 30 ft.

Mortis

First Post
So are we doing 30 ft for both Shazak and Gurrash?
I'd really prefer the Gurrash to be quicker than the Shazak.

My preference would be 40 ft. (although I could accept 35 ft if the consensus thinks that 40 ft. is too much).

Regards
Mortis

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ok, they're going to need a tail slap. Perhaps 2d4 (like I think the original is) or some other value?

Is Imp Grab plus a line in tactics sufficient for "drown"?

Mortis

First Post
Ok, they're going to need a tail slap. Perhaps 2d4 (like I think the original is) or some other value?
The original was 1d8 - not that there's really that much difference. (the 2d4 is it's bite attack)
SCMC said:
If an opponent is behind a gurrash, the gurrash can make a tail slap attack in addition to its other attacks, inflicting 1d8 points of damage

Is Imp Grab plus a line in tactics sufficient for "drown"?
I guess, or we could just put the text from Imp Grab in a 'drown' special attack.

Regards
Mortis

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Oh, I missed your post with the drown and tail slap. Let's keep to 1d8.

I think we've done drowning like that in tactics before, but I don't remember for sure. Maybe one of our renamed rusalkas has something similar, but that might be the incorporeal one (which would obviously be different).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases