Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Cleon

Legend
I don't think it needs it. Most creatures that had it in previous editions just converted to resistance to fire in 3e.

Updated.

Come to think of it, their Desert Adaptation gives them a +4 bonus on Fortitude checks against dehydration and heat-shock, which I think is enough.

Speaking of which, you should add Desert Adaptation and Sandwalking to their Special Qualities line.

Since the Camarilla is significantly larger than a standard Xytar (12 feet versus 8 feet), perhaps we should increase its Strength a point or two?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Come to think of it, their Desert Adaptation gives them a +4 bonus on Fortitude checks against dehydration and heat-shock, which I think is enough.

Speaking of which, you should add Desert Adaptation and Sandwalking to their Special Qualities line.

Done.

Since the Camarilla is significantly larger than a standard Xytar (12 feet versus 8 feet), perhaps we should increase its Strength a point or two?

I'm fine with that, but will wait for the others to chime in.

Mortis

First Post
I'm fine with that, but will wait for the others to chime in.
I've also got no problem with giving the larger cousin a couple of points of Str more.

Looks like I'm on the losing side - but if they show up in my campaign they're going to be magical beasts! (Although I can see the dragonkin argument - 6 limbs, breath fire etc.)

Regards
Mortis

Cleon

Legend
I've also got no problem with giving the larger cousin a couple of points of Str more.

Looks like I'm on the losing side - but if they show up in my campaign they're going to be magical beasts! (Although I can see the dragonkin argument - 6 limbs, breath fire etc.)

Regards
Mortis

I slightly preferred Magical Beast too, but it'll help keeps Shade placated. :cool:

Remove ads