Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Cleon

Legend
500 makes sense.

Good-oh!

I suggested 10 × Hold Breath like a Sea Turtle:

Hold Breath (Ex): A snapper can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 10 × its Constitution score before it risks drowning. For a typical snapper, this is 150 rounds, or 15 minutes.

That's considerably less than the original's 10 turns (=100 minutes) or the Mystara version's 2 hours, but it'd be enough for me.

Feats and skills next?

Listen 3, Spot 3?

Endurance, Multiattack (B) [?], Weapon Focus (heavy crossbow) ?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
CR 2 is probably good; they're slightly weaker than a bugbear but not a full CR's worth.

Snappers do not form closely knit tribes, have no recognised leaders, and do not build permanent settlements. Instead, they prefer to roam across the oceans, travelling in small groups from one hunting ground to another.

So org should not be solitary but should include a small family or hunting group. Then maybe an org for egg-laying season when bunches of them get together.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Agreed with everything in the update and all of this...

CR 2 is probably good; they're slightly weaker than a bugbear but not a full CR's worth.

So org should not be solitary but should include a small family or hunting group. Then maybe an org for egg-laying season when bunches of them get together.

Cleon

Legend
Agreed with everything in the update and all of this...

Updating Working Draft with Challenge Rating 2.

Their #Appearing is variously 1-20, 1d20, or 2d10 depending on which source you use. That seems fairly consistent.

So, what's a good collective noun for anthropomorphic snapping turtles? A chomp of snappers? A cluster of snappers? A hardcase of snappers? :p

Their 2E writeups both use "Pack", so I suppose we could use that...

Organisation: Solitary or pack (2-20)

Remove ads