Legacy of Fire Question

wolff96

First Post
Okay, I'm going to be playing in a Legacy of Fire campaign so please NO SPOILERS!

Now that that's out of the way...

I'm going to be the fifth player in a fairly 'iconic' group. We have a Fighter, Cleric of Saranrae (sp?), a Rogue, and a Sorcerer whose bloodline I've forgotten.

So I'm thinking of playing something off the beaten path, just to be different. We've got a pretty generous character creation method, so I was thinking of trying a Pathfinder monk... probably of the Drunken Master path. Since the rest of the party should have the main bases covered, am I going to be at a huge disadvantage throughout the AP?

I don't mind not being the most optimized person at the table, but I don't want to be an active drag on the party either... And I just came off playing a bard, which would probably be more helpful. ;)

Thoughts?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hmm, flavorwise, i can see something of an egyptian feel to this character. In the middle east the drink of choice is wine as it will quench your thirst and not turn stagnent like the water would, openibng it up to a myriad of .. .. ..sorry, reality got in ther way there.

I can see it on a game play basis. As I have mentioned above, wine is generally the drink of choice in a low water/high temp environment.

Just becareful of
oh really, do you think I am that mean?
because it can kill you.

Thazar

First Post
Bard is always a solid choice when you are looking to "round out" a party. Aside from that have you thought about trying any of the new classes from the APG? Since the more traditional classes are taken care of it could be a good time to try out a witch, alchemist, or maybe oracle. All of those three could have a character made with a nice Katapesh slant on the character. And Legacy of Fire is one of the better choices for a ranger as there are some clear enemy choices that you can make... ask your DM or check out the players guide if you do not know what I mean.

neofax

First Post
Class Name Region
Monk Sajan Osirion(Egypt)
Cleric Kyra Qadira(Saudi Arabia)

If I were you, I would play as a Human or Half-Orc Inquisitor of Cayden Cailean. Cayden Cailean allows you to pick from two of the best domains(Travel/Liberation). They are very good at pretty much everything. Depending on how the Rogue is built, you and he can provide a good synergy with K: skills.

Micp

First Post
Hmm, flavorwise, i can see something of an egyptian feel to this character. In the middle east the drink of choice is wine as it will quench your thirst and not turn stagnent like the water would, openibng it up to a myriad of .. .. ..sorry, reality got in ther way there.

I can see it on a game play basis. As I have mentioned above, wine is generally the drink of choice in a low water/high temp environment.

Just becareful of
oh really, do you think I am that mean?
because it can kill you.

i see your point, but why not something a little more exotic, like, say, ouzo or raki to fit with the theme (i know both drinks are actually mediterranian, but i don't know any specific egyptian drinks). especially raki i like since it's also a thirst quencher, and since it's the national drink of turkey there's also a nice bit of lore to it. try to look it up on wikipedia ;)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Well any thing would work if you want it too. i was thnking of wwhat reports of 2000 years ago might have been. When did Absynth come out?

Remove ads