Online 4E D&D Dark Sun Campaign (FULL)

Xaemoon

First Post
This campaign is now full. Thank you to everyone who applied!

If Dark Sun isn't your thing, or you can't make the scheduled play time for this group, you may be interested in my Gamma World campaign. You can find that thread here: Gamma World

Introduction

My name is Daniel and I DM an online group in a Dark Sun campaign using MapTool (DeviantNull's 4E Framework). We play on Wednesdays at 5pm EST. We're looking for one player to fill out our group, and the position we're looking for must be a striker, preferably with thievery since no one in the group can adequately handle locks, traps, and other tricks. A rogue would be ideal.

About us:

Our group is made up mostly of 18-25 year olds. We're mature, laid back, and expect the same from you. There won't be any tolerance for drama or any kind of awkward shenanigans. If you're a pervert or a weirdo (and you know who you are), then you will not be well received. If you're a normal, respectful person with basic social skills, you'll get along pretty well with us.

The Game

As previously mentioned, the campaign takes place in the Dark Sun campaign setting, and no modifications have been made to the source material.

Speaking of which, I'm the kind of DM that runs the game "as-is". There are no house rules in effect, and non-standard elements for the setting and the game in general will rarely be allowed, if ever. I run things pretty vanilla, and if you're okay with that: Great. If not, there are other groups out there you might enjoy more.

Important:

This group has a heavy emphasis on roleplaying, and we do not use voice chat. If you're uncomfortable with roleplaying and communicating in text, or you're unable to type efficiently and properly, you will not be a good fit for this group. You can expect that I will absolutely be screening this qualification before you are allowed to play with us

The pace of advancement compared to other campaigns (tabletop and otherwise) is slower than average. We have played about 4 sessions and all of the characters are still 1st level. This is because much of our game time is spent actively roleplaying and interacting with the environment. If you're of the power gamer/slayer player type, you probably won't dig this group at all. Make no mistake, though: There will be danger and plenty of combat, but roleplay continues even during these events.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

Characters

Without getting overly verbose, the campaign has just begun and the characters listed below have all recently escaped from a life of bondage in the arenas. Their fate is uncertain and the bonds between them are shaky, at best. Now is probably the perfect time to come in to the campaign, as there have only been a handful of sessions so far.

The characters that currently make up our group are as follows:

1. Demosis - Level 1 Mul Shaman
2. Xeric - Level 1 Dragonborn Fighter
3. Khal'oq - Level 1 Thri-Kreen Seeker
4. Lorkul - Level 1 Dwarf Warlord
5. ???

You!

You are expected to attend a session on Wednesday at 5pm EST every week unless a situation arises in which you cannot attend. Non-attendance without explanation won't be tolerated, but if you do your best to make sure I know what's going on and why you can't make it, we should be fine. Real life happens, after all.

You do not have to be overly experienced with the game to play with us, and I will take the time to teach you the basics if you're new to 4th edition D&D.
With regards to your own character options, you are free to come up with anything that fits the setting. A rogue would be highly preferred. Ridiculous things that have no business being in Dark Sun won't go over well, so please be at least respectful to the source material and the laws of good taste when coming up with your concept.

Character generation is the standard 22 point buy, and all of the characters involved in the game have been created this way. There are no house rules with regards to character generation. Treat this as though you were making a regulation character for an RPGA event.

Your character does not need to have an extensive biography, but some sort of written backstory would be helpful in setting up your character and helping me to figure out the best way to integrate and engage them in the story. The more time you spend on this, the more you'll get out of it.

Roleplay accounts for more than half of our sessions' typical running time, so it is important that you create a character that will be fun to play and develop.

Characters with the divine power source (clerics, paladins, etc) are not permitted for this campaign.

Applications & Contact

Thank you in advance for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you. Please PM your questions, comments, and character applications to me and I will get back to you promptly.

For character applications, please include the following:

1. A detailed physical description of your character.

2. The character's name, age, gender, race, and class.

3. A backstory that sets at least a basic foundation for the character.

4. The build you plan on using for the character, or, if you aren't sure, some ideas of what you'd like to accomplish with your character's abilities. Remember that there is no pressure to build a "perfect" character. This is a roleplaying game, after all.

Thanks again! Let me know if there is anything I've missed or that needs clarification. We hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:

bobbyblues

First Post
Hi Daniel , I'm David and I am interested in your Wednesday game. I've only played 4e and I have the basics down pretty well, but I will ask questions on things I'm not sure about. As for role play, I am not very good with words but I will try my best to be on the group's level. Thanks for reading.

Xaemoon

First Post
Hi Daniel , I'm David and I am interested in your Wednesday game. I've only played 4e and I have the basics down pretty well, but I will ask questions on things I'm not sure about. As for role play, I am not very good with words but I will try my best to be on the group's level. Thanks for reading.

Thanks for your interest. If you could please PM me a character concept I will gladly review it and discuss the details with you as per my instructions in the above thread. There are a few applications so far but I haven't made any final decisions yet. I should stress that roleplay is very important in the games that I run, so if you don't feel as though you're up to it or that you may have trouble, this may not be the right group for you. We can discuss that in PMs though if you'd prefer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases