proposal: Concise record of characters not in adventure.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
I propose that in addition to the hanged man, we have a thread or wiki page designated to being a list of characters, their level and their role. This will allow a potential DM to see how many players there are who are looking for an adventure.

The reason I thought this was because when I was looking at GMing recently, in order to find out how many characters there were at what level I had to ask in the hanged man and get 10 responses. The alternative being to read through 43 thread pages to find the character that introduced themselves but didn't participate in the active roleplaying on there.

List would look something like:

Victor Black - Human Wizard - lvl 3 - Controller (no other characters in game)

and it would be updated so that when a player joins a campaign they remove themselves from the list. While I don't seek to make the hanged man redundant, it can be awkward for potential DM's to see who and how many players are actually in there.

Dekana

Explorer
The wiki has such a page. See Character Status.
I think it's up to each player to update the list, so it's not entirely up to date.

Alternatively, the Character Table page is automatically updated by pulling the data from each wiki character sheet, but it doesn't contain the status of the character (in an adventure, in the tavern, etc).

renau1g

First Post
It would be nice if people updated the list...but then if someone disappears while their PC is still in the tavern, it would show up on the Waiting for Adventure List, and if they've disappeared (you wouldn't believe how many Character Reviews I've seen where the player never showed up in the tavern...)

Remove ads