D&D 4th Edition [Tavern] Tower's Shard 2011 - Page 10




+ Log in or register to post
Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 604
  1. #91
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,048

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Rhogar looks over all the people in the tavern who have expressed interest in his quest and then jots down a few notes. He calls his herald over and whispers a few things into the banner-man's ear.

    "Lord Rhogar has made his selections! Six have been chosen for this quest. When your name is called, please present yourself to Lord Rhogar to recieve your commission."



    "Crush"

    "Karananak Bole"

    "Riaan Caldamus"

    "Serek"

    "Ryk Tavishny"

    "Varis d'Lyrandar"


    Rhogar pulls a stack of wallet sized billfolds from his pack. He takes the gloves off his hands. As each of you steps forward, he gives you a curt "Congratulations" as he grasps your right hand with his right and holds out a billfold in his left. As you take the satchel, his hand glows faintly, an energy which washes over the papers and then your left hand. When you pull away, you can clearly see the dragonmark on his left palm, the same energy slowly fading.

    "Those papers contain all the instructions you need as well as any documentation required. For security reasons I cannot say more until we depart, nor can I reveal where I will be staying this evening. My herald will be staying behind however, so if you have any questions that are not covered, please confer with him. He will be able to find me if needed.
    "

    With that Rhogar stands and his guards usher him towards the exit and into the street.
    Last edited by Son of Meepo; Monday, 21st March, 2011 at 01:26 PM.

 

  • #92
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,042

    Ignore MetaVoid
    "Well, it seems Five winds will be spread to the four corners of the world again. Stay alive, Crush, Ryk and see you back here to exchange stories. See if you find something about that fool elf paladin that dissapeared on us."

    OOC: I would like to say I'm not dissapointed, but I am. On the other hand, there are those who wait much longer then I do Is there another one coming anytime soon? dragon killing? I'd like that one
    Last edited by MetaVoid; Monday, 21st March, 2011 at 02:58 PM.

  • #93
    Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 5

    "So, herald. Will you stay longer? Because I'm not a quick reader and asking you questions now that will be answered in the paper sounds more like a waste of time to me."
    Varis asks and waits for the answer before he sits down and starts reading.

    OOC

    Thanks for choosing Varis!!!


    Wishlist:
    Level 3 dragonshard that increases lightning damage (I think it was the Eberron)

    Mini stat block


    Varis d'Lyrandar
    Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
    AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
    Initiative: +2
    Hit Points: 49 / 49 Bloodied: 24
    Temporary Hit Points: 0
    Resist: -
    Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 10 / 10
    At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
    Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
    Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Song of Discord, Extra lightning damage

    Condition:

    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #94
    Ryk grins widely as he receives his packet. We'll fight together again, Bellegon. Count on it. And Rikka, too. He walks up to the bar.

    Brews, I need twenty thin slices of meat. Cooked would be best, doesn't matter what kind. To introduce Spring to his new traveling companions.

  • #95
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaVoid View Post
    OOC: I would like to say I'm not dissapointed, but I am. On the other hand, there are those who wait much longer then I do Is there another one coming anytime soon? dragon killing? I'd like that one
    OOC: IIRC r1 has part 2 for one of his adventures coming soon (working for the dragon) and the other party against the dragon coming later. (someone correct me if I'm wrong please )
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #96
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,048

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dad View Post
    Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 5

    "So, herald. Will you stay longer? Because I'm not a quick reader and asking you questions now that will be answered in the paper sounds more like a waste of time to me."
    Varis asks and waits for the answer before he sits down and starts reading.
    "I will be here as long as is required."

    Inside the billfold, Varis removes a few loose papers consisting of a set of travel papers detailing your itinerary departing from Sharn and travelling by ship to Urthhold before being ferried to their eventual destination of Zarash'ak in the Shadow Marches.

    The second paper is a boarding pass for the vessel known as "Horizon's Arrow", leaving port promptly an hour after sunrise from pier 14.

    The rest of the billfold contains identification papers already filled out with a startling amount of detail and a picture of the holder already filled in.

  • #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    As each of you steps forward, he gives you a curt "Congratulations" as he grasps your right hand with his right and holds out a billfold in his left.
    "I see you are a man of good taste and a keen eye for skill I must say" Riaan says to the man as he shakes hands, taking tha item and moving to the table with the half-elf.

    "So, this will be a good chance for me to see how our blade magic compares, I hope to show you the excellence of Aundairian techniques" the man says with a smile.

    ooc

    Aye, I do plan to run an adventure (likely starting in July is my current plan after corporate tax season is over) to take out the warforged dragon. I believe @FourMonos had an excellent name for it, Draconis Interruptis.

    The first part (To Serve a Dragon) has been submitted to the judges

  • #98
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    pacdidj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    852

    Ignore pacdidj
    "Aye, Darksun. Be well, and may we meet again in our travels!," Crush says coming to attention and snapping off a crisp Cyran military salute to the dark elf, before turning back to the business at hand.

    Briefly eying the documents he's been given, the warforged muses, "A commission, eh? Well, as long as it doesn't involve the murder of civilians I suppose I could use the coin. But my question stands, herald: What does Lord Rhogar seek to acquire or accomplish in this Zarash'ak? I make it a policy these days not to follow orders blindly without understanding the intentions behind them."
    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

  • #99
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    Ignore Vertexx69

    Karananak Bole, Wilden Swarm-Druid 5

    Karananak lopes forward to receive the billfold on his odd and long clawed feet, his branchy fingers closing over the bundle of tightly folded papers. He moves over to the rest of those chosen for the mission smiling at them as he fumbles with the knotted leather strap holding everything together for a few moments before Eve flits over to it. She uses her delicate hands to deftly untie the strap.

    Carefully unfolding the papers, the wilden takes his time to let his eyes adjust to the lilting scrawl of letters that crawl across the pages. He chitters in the language of familiars to the tiny devil girl as he points to various sections as he leafs through the sheets of parchment. She nods or shakes her head and squeaks back in conspiratorial tones. "I an I don tink I an I neva bin tryin tuh change tuh naw fis bafar, shod bee intrestin tuh be tryin den doh. Shod we bee eadin own uh dem dare private type rooms ina back tuh be discussin anythin we might bee needin tuh?"
    Actions
    Free: Speak, pick up papers
    Minor:
    ...
    Move: ...
    Standard: ...
    Swarmwhisper
    Karananak Bole—Male Wilden Druid 5; Resist 5 Fire, (Resist 4 Melee/Ranged in Beast Form)
    Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
    AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15(17 in beast form), Will: 19 — Speed: 6
    HP: 50/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 11/11
    Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
    Powers -
    Savage Rend
    Locust Swarm
    Cold Wind

    Scattered Form
    Voyage of the Ancients/Wrath of the Destroyer/Pursuit of the Hunter
    Battering Claws

    Summon Pack Wolf
    Summon Shadow Ape
    Healing Infusion


    Item Powers:
    Summoner's Staff +2 (Daily ✦ Summons) Immediate Interrupt. Trigger - An enemy hits a creature Karananak summoned. Effect - Triggering enemy rerolls attack and must use 2nd roll.
    Hunting Beasthide Armor +1 (Encounter ✦ Beast Form): Move Action. You shift 2 squares.
    Summons
    Pack Wolf—Summons 1
    AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6
    HP: 25/25; Bloodied 12
    Bite +10 vs. Reflex; 1d6+7 damage, and if the wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is knocked prone (+1d6 extra dmg).
    Instinctive Effect:
    If Karananak hasn't given the wolf any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent prone creature. If it can't do that, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.

    Shadow Ape—Summons 5
    AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6, Climb 4
    HP: 25/25; Bloodied 12
    Slam +10 vs. Reflex; 1d8+7 damage, and all creatures have concealment from the target until the end of your next turn.
    Instinctive Effect: If Karananak hasn't given the ape any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.

    Character Sheet
    OOC
    Intro post with description.

    The private cells available in the back of the Tower's Shard are a great place to change over from the tavern thread an IC thread.

    You'll have to forgive my attempt at a Jamaican accent, just try to sound it out phonetically or use the translation below.
    Translation
    I've never tried to change into a swarm of fish before, but it should be interesting to try. Should we be moving this to one of those private rooms in the back to discuss anything we might need to?
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #100
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,048

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertexx69 View Post
    "I an I don tink I an I neva bin tryin tuh change tuh naw fis bafar, shod bee intrestin tuh be tryin den doh. Shod we bee eadin own uh dem dare private type rooms ina back tuh be discussin anythin we might bee needin tuh?"
    Yes, of course, follow me.

    Adventure

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Tavern] Tower's Shard '09
      By Living Eberron Judge in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 536
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 11:10 PM
    2. Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard '08
      By Bront in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 223
      Last Post: Monday, 9th March, 2009, 03:23 AM
    3. Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard II
      By Living Eberron Judge in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 274
      Last Post: Tuesday, 1st January, 2008, 10:08 PM
    4. Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard
      By Living Eberron Judge in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1214
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th August, 2007, 11:11 PM
    5. Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard
      By Living Eberron Judge in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 60
      Last Post: Saturday, 15th July, 2006, 06:43 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •