[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2011

Son of Meepo

First Post
Rhogar looks over all the people in the tavern who have expressed interest in his quest and then jots down a few notes. He calls his herald over and whispers a few things into the banner-man's ear.

"Lord Rhogar has made his selections! Six have been chosen for this quest. When your name is called, please present yourself to Lord Rhogar to recieve your commission."

"Crush"

"Karananak Bole"

"Riaan Caldamus"

"Serek"

"Ryk Tavishny"

"Varis d'Lyrandar"

Rhogar pulls a stack of wallet sized billfolds from his pack. He takes the gloves off his hands. As each of you steps forward, he gives you a curt "Congratulations" as he grasps your right hand with his right and holds out a billfold in his left. As you take the satchel, his hand glows faintly, an energy which washes over the papers and then your left hand. When you pull away, you can clearly see the dragonmark on his left palm, the same energy slowly fading.

"Those papers contain all the instructions you need as well as any documentation required. For security reasons I cannot say more until we depart, nor can I reveal where I will be staying this evening. My herald will be staying behind however, so if you have any questions that are not covered, please confer with him. He will be able to find me if needed.
"

With that Rhogar stands and his guards usher him towards the exit and into the street.

Last edited:

"Well, it seems Five winds will be spread to the four corners of the world again. Stay alive, Crush, Ryk and see you back here to exchange stories. See if you find something about that fool elf paladin that dissapeared on us."

OOC: I would like to say I'm not dissapointed, but I am. On the other hand, there are those who wait much longer then I do :( Is there another one coming anytime soon? dragon killing? I'd like that one :D

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 5

"So, herald. Will you stay longer? Because I'm not a quick reader and asking you questions now that will be answered in the paper sounds more like a waste of time to me."
Varis asks and waits for the answer before he sits down and starts reading.

[sblock=OOC]
Thanks for choosing Varis!!! :D:D:D

Wishlist:
Level 3 dragonshard that increases lightning damage (I think it was the Eberron)

[sblock=Mini stat block]

Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 49 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Song of Discord, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Ryk grins widely as he receives his packet. We'll fight together again, Bellegon. Count on it. And Rikka, too. He walks up to the bar.

Brews, I need twenty thin slices of meat. Cooked would be best, doesn't matter what kind. To introduce Spring to his new traveling companions.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I would like to say I'm not dissapointed, but I am. On the other hand, there are those who wait much longer then I do :( Is there another one coming anytime soon? dragon killing? I'd like that one :D
OOC: IIRC r1 has part 2 for one of his adventures coming soon (working for the dragon) and the other party against the dragon coming later. (someone correct me if I'm wrong please :) )

Son of Meepo

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 5

"So, herald. Will you stay longer? Because I'm not a quick reader and asking you questions now that will be answered in the paper sounds more like a waste of time to me."
Varis asks and waits for the answer before he sits down and starts reading.

"I will be here as long as is required."

Inside the billfold, Varis removes a few loose papers consisting of a set of travel papers detailing your itinerary departing from Sharn and travelling by ship to Urthhold before being ferried to their eventual destination of Zarash'ak in the Shadow Marches.

The second paper is a boarding pass for the vessel known as "Horizon's Arrow", leaving port promptly an hour after sunrise from pier 14.

The rest of the billfold contains identification papers already filled out with a startling amount of detail and a picture of the holder already filled in.

renau1g

First Post
As each of you steps forward, he gives you a curt "Congratulations" as he grasps your right hand with his right and holds out a billfold in his left.

"I see you are a man of good taste and a keen eye for skill I must say" Riaan says to the man as he shakes hands, taking tha item and moving to the table with the half-elf.

"So, this will be a good chance for me to see how our blade magic compares, I hope to show you the excellence of Aundairian techniques" the man says with a smile.

[sblock=ooc]
Aye, I do plan to run an adventure (likely starting in July is my current plan after corporate tax season is over) to take out the warforged dragon. I believe [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] had an excellent name for it, Draconis Interruptis.

The first part (To Serve a Dragon) has been submitted to the judges
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"Aye, Darksun. Be well, and may we meet again in our travels!," Crush says coming to attention and snapping off a crisp Cyran military salute to the dark elf, before turning back to the business at hand.

Briefly eying the documents he's been given, the warforged muses, "A commission, eh? Well, as long as it doesn't involve the murder of civilians I suppose I could use the coin. But my question stands, herald: What does Lord Rhogar seek to acquire or accomplish in this Zarash'ak? I make it a policy these days not to follow orders blindly without understanding the intentions behind them."

Vertexx69

First Post
Karananak Bole, Wilden Swarm-Druid 5

Karananak lopes forward to receive the billfold on his odd and long clawed feet, his branchy fingers closing over the bundle of tightly folded papers. He moves over to the rest of those chosen for the mission smiling at them as he fumbles with the knotted leather strap holding everything together for a few moments before Eve flits over to it. She uses her delicate hands to deftly untie the strap.

Carefully unfolding the papers, the wilden takes his time to let his eyes adjust to the lilting scrawl of letters that crawl across the pages. He chitters in the language of familiars to the tiny devil girl as he points to various sections as he leafs through the sheets of parchment. She nods or shakes her head and squeaks back in conspiratorial tones. "I an I don tink I an I neva bin tryin tuh change tuh naw fis bafar, shod bee intrestin tuh be tryin den doh. Shod we bee eadin own uh dem dare private type rooms ina back tuh be discussin anythin we might bee needin tuh?" [sblock=Actions]Free: Speak, pick up papers
Minor:
Move: ...
Standard: ...[/sblock][sblock=Swarmwhisper]Karananak Bole—Male Wilden Druid 5; Resist 5 Fire, (Resist 4 Melee/Ranged in Beast Form)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15(17 in beast form), Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 50/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Savage Rend
Locust Swarm
Cold Wind

Scattered Form
Voyage of the Ancients/Wrath of the Destroyer/Pursuit of the Hunter
Battering Claws

Summon Pack Wolf
Summon Shadow Ape
Healing Infusion

Item Powers:
Summoner's Staff +2 (Daily ✦ Summons) Immediate Interrupt. Trigger - An enemy hits a creature Karananak summoned. Effect - Triggering enemy rerolls attack and must use 2nd roll.
Hunting Beasthide Armor +1 (Encounter ✦ Beast Form): Move Action. You shift 2 squares.
[sblock=Summons]Pack Wolf—Summons 1
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 25/25; Bloodied 12
Bite +10 vs. Reflex; 1d6+7 damage, and if the wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is knocked prone (+1d6 extra dmg).
Instinctive Effect:
If Karananak hasn't given the wolf any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent prone creature. If it can't do that, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.

Shadow Ape—Summons 5
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6, Climb 4
HP: 25/25; Bloodied 12
Slam +10 vs. Reflex; 1d8+7 damage, and all creatures have concealment from the target until the end of your next turn.
Instinctive Effect: If Karananak hasn't given the ape any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.[/sblock]
Character Sheet
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Intro post with description.

The private cells available in the back of the Tower's Shard are a great place to change over from the tavern thread an IC thread. :D

You'll have to forgive my attempt at a Jamaican accent, just try to sound it out phonetically or use the translation below. :cool:[sblock=Translation]I've never tried to change into a swarm of fish before, but it should be interesting to try. Should we be moving this to one of those private rooms in the back to discuss anything we might need to?[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases