[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2011

On Puget Sound

First Post
Ryk, accustomed to Spring being the strangest creature in the room, is fascinated by the tree-being and his story.

This feywild place - if you came from there, there must be a way to get there from here? I think that I would like to see it sometime. And your small companion, does she also come from there? Rikka, you don't have a tiny red girl, do you? Or would yours be a tiny red boy?

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 5

At the gnome's words, the man turns and sizes up the smaller warrior. "Brightness be! Another arcanist? I am not of any of the Houses, nor have I travelled to Zil, although I have read some of your races adaptation of the blade magic. It is certainly a unique method, although you are blessed with a certain amount of inborn arcane talent which I am sure aids you. I was taught as part of my training with the Knights Arcane, I am a warrior of my homeland, Aundair. Perhaps we can demonstrate some of our techniques with each other? I am always interested in others who can channel the arcane.

"My name is Varis, I'm bard and adventurer and I learned how to channel my stormsong magic through a blade, too." Varis says a bit proud of having managed to learn this trick.

[sblock=OOC]
Wishlist:
Level 3 dragonshard that increases lightning damage (I think it was the Eberron)

[sblock=Mini stat block]

Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 49 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Song of Discord, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Karananak Bole, Wilden Swarm-Druid 5

The wilden's thorny quills retract back down to only a couple of inches once he begins to settle down again. Only then does the imp he travels with return to the crook of his arm. "Dare bein many spot in dem dare vale uh dis ere wuld. Yuh jus need be knowin whaya tuh be lookin. Doh wandrin true dem unawayas, bein own uh dee fasta ways to fine wha be comin afta dis ere life." Karananak makes little motions and sounds with his branchy hands as he speaks like snapping bones and explosions of magic. "Witoat knowin which uh dem pats bein safe, yuh be windin up dinna faw somtin else trute." His arm that isn't currently a seat for a snoozing familiar stretches out to claim the tankard of ale again. As Eve's hooded eyes drift shut, she slowly fades from sight without so much as a word from her perch.

[sblock=Actions]Free: Speak, pick up drink
Minor:
Move: ...
Standard: ...[/sblock][sblock=Swarmwhisper]Karananak Bole—Male Wilden Druid 5; Resist 5 Fire, (Resist 4 Melee/Ranged in Beast Form)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15(17 in beast form), Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 50/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Savage Rend
Locust Swarm
Cold Wind

Scattered Form
Voyage of the Ancients/Wrath of the Destroyer/Pursuit of the Hunter
Battering Claws

Summon Pack Wolf
Summon Shadow Ape
Healing Infusion

Item Powers:
Summoner's Staff +2 (Daily ✦ Summons) Immediate Interrupt. Trigger - An enemy hits a creature Karananak summoned. Effect - Triggering enemy rerolls attack and must use 2nd roll.
Hunting Beasthide Armor +1 (Encounter ✦ Beast Form): Move Action. You shift 2 squares.
[sblock=Summons]Pack Wolf—Summons 1
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 25/25; Bloodied 12
Bite +10 vs. Reflex; 1d6+7 damage, and if the wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is knocked prone (+1d6 extra dmg).
Instinctive Effect:
If Karananak hasn't given the wolf any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent prone creature. If it can't do that, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.

Shadow Ape—Summons 5
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6, Climb 4
Slam +10 vs. Reflex; 1d8+7 damage, and all creatures have concealment from the target until the end of your next turn.
Instinctive Effect: If Karananak hasn't given the ape any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.[/sblock]
Character Sheet
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]...

You'll have to forgive my attempt at a Jamaican accent, just try to sound it out phonetically or use the translation below. :cool:[sblock=Translation]There are many weak spots in the veil between that place and this world. You just need to know where to look. Though wandering through them unaware, is one of the faster ways to find out what lies beyond this life.

Without knowing which of those paths is safe, you'd wind up dinner for something else before you see your next sunrise.
[/sblock][/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Witoat knowin which uh dem pats bein safe, yuh be windin up dinna faw somtin else trute."

"Sounds a lot like Sharn, you walk down the wrong alley and I've heard you will not see the sun rise either." Riaan replies, then turns to Varis.

"It appears my masters were incorrect in their belief that our type of magic is relatively rare outside of the Aundairian borders. Out of ten people here, 3 of us possess this gift. A truly unexpected opportunity. Where were you trained my good bard?" he asks.

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 5

"All bards are trained to use certain swords, called 'songblades' to channel their arcane powers. I received my basic training from House Lyrandar. But I later intensified this lessons by learning to attune to any magic blade to use it as a magical focus for my magic.
This particular blade helps me to combine my bardic magic with the inherent powers of my dragonmark."
Varis explains.

[sblock=OOC]
Wishlist:
Level 3 dragonshard that increases lightning damage (I think it was the Eberron)

[sblock=Mini stat block]

Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 49 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Song of Discord, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ryk, accustomed to Spring being the strangest creature in the room, is fascinated by the tree-being and his story.

This feywild place - if you came from there, there must be a way to get there from here? I think that I would like to see it sometime. And your small companion, does she also come from there? Rikka, you don't have a tiny red girl, do you? Or would yours be a tiny red boy?

At the halfing's words, there is an odd sound from beneath one of the tables near the door- half a growl, and half derisive snort. A few more moments passed, and the conversations continued, without any other sign. Then there was a louder sound, a long droning growl, as a sleekly-muscled mountain leopard slid out from under the table in question. Even as the creature found its feet, its shape blurred and writhed, revealing a young woman clad in a patchwork of leather and furs. Her hair was short and roughly cut, and while she had the cat-pupiled eyes of an elf, her features and sharp fangs could easily have someone mistake her for a razorclaw shifter. "No use for demonkind personally, and most druids would rather kill such a thing than make a pet of it," she snarled softly with a glance at the tiny red creature in the wilden's orbit. "But the passages from the Feywild have gone strange lately- no telling how that poor fellow's mind may have been damaged..." One hand dropped to her belt, casually resting upon a rune-marked bone wand, as she turned towards the human swordmage. "And if you have a problem with the 'tree-huggers' of the Reaches, you might have call to demonstrate your skills with blade and magic soon enough." Despite her words, she seems more curious than hostile- but neither does she seem afraid.

renau1g

First Post
Riaan's left eyebrow raises at the shifter's words, he appears to be restraining himself from some outburst. "The laws of this land prevent me from fully demonstrating my skill...druid. Your people stole the Reaches from Aundair and one day we will get back what's ours." the man says with a steel edge to his voice, but a smile quickly returns.

But I suppose I have no quarrel with you. So what would one call you shapeshifter?" he adds, muscles easing a bit.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"I am Rikka," the elven woman said carefully. "Among the Gatekeepers, I am called 'Pouncequick', and I am a hunter and tracker of no little skill- you may have read of my brave and skilled companions and our demonstration of prowess." She waved a hand towards Ryk and Spring, then at the tattered copy of the Inquisitive currently sitting atop the bar. Even in her humanoid form, her voice had an odd purring note to it. "As to who 'owns' the Reaches, the land itself and the primal spirits of the forest seem to care little enough- and such divisions of politics are beyond my cares as well."

drothgery

First Post
"It appears my masters were incorrect in their belief that our type of magic is relatively rare outside of the Aundairian borders. Out of ten people here, 3 of us possess this gift. A truly unexpected opportunity." he asks.

"I don't think bardic arts -- or an odd style of dagger sorcery I've heard of -- are true blade magic as we would understand it. The art we know lets us hold a line as well as any armored warrior." Tana said.

She waved a hand towards Ryk and Spring, then at the tattered copy of the Inquisitive currently sitting atop the bar. Even in her humanoid form, her voice had an odd purring note to it. "As to who 'owns' the Reaches, the land itself and the primal spirits of the forest seem to care little enough- and such divisions of politics are beyond my cares as well."

"Though for what it's worth, the Treaty of Thronehold formally recognized Zilargo's independence as well that of the Reaches', and all of the Five Nations save lost Cyre were signatories to that treaty. Perhaps one day the old Empire of Galifar will be reunited, but I doubt it myself. When new empires rise, they rarely have the same borders as the old." She continued.

Vertexx69

First Post
Karananak Bole, Wilden Swarm-Druid 5

The wilden holds up a hand as if to shade his eyes from sparks or a bright light, along with an exaggerated long whistle, casting an unblinking black shark's eye toward the others present at the table. "Dat bein uh hoe law toe tenshun tween yuh two folk den. I an I believin day ave moor privat type rooms jus tup dem step sif yuh ave need tuh be alone den dis night." A unmistakingly sly smile spreads across his alien features at his own impish implication toward the stern elf and hot tempered young man.

---

He looks down at the sleeping imp girl wrapped around his slender arm and then into the cat-slit eyes of the elven lady who had finally deigned to join the conversation, even if only to cast dispersions at others. "No who be I an I tuh be judgin anoda bein faw simply combin froam a diffaren place den? Her was urt an made uh boggin fuh me protakshun."

He lightly rubs Eve between her wings again before continuing. "She be uh good gull dat be teechin I an I dem words uh outa beins an keepin I ana I safe froam dee kiss uh dee flame, an dher can be quite dee littal spy when her wan trute." The imp stirs for a moment and adjusts a wing around herself like blanket without opening her eyes. "I an I true foe bein dose corrupt tings dat aught naw be crawlin froam dee eart oar shadaw an dem dat mean I an I arm."He drains his heavy tankard once more and waves it lazily at Brews again. Karananak's gaze wanders to one side slightly, toward nothing in particular. His afro and wide eyes becoming green once more and his thorns fully retracting, his form seeming to change with his mood and/or level of inebriation.[sblock=Actions]Free: Speak, pick up drink
Minor:
Move: ...
Standard: ...[/sblock][sblock=Swarmwhisper]Karananak Bole—Male Wilden Druid 5; Resist 5 Fire, (Resist 4 Melee/Ranged in Beast Form)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15(17 in beast form), Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 50/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Savage Rend
Locust Swarm
Cold Wind

Scattered Form
Voyage of the Ancients/Wrath of the Destroyer/Pursuit of the Hunter
Battering Claws

Summon Pack Wolf
Summon Shadow Ape
Healing Infusion

Item Powers:
Summoner's Staff +2 (Daily ✦ Summons) Immediate Interrupt. Trigger - An enemy hits a creature Karananak summoned. Effect - Triggering enemy rerolls attack and must use 2nd roll.
Hunting Beasthide Armor +1 (Encounter ✦ Beast Form): Move Action. You shift 2 squares.
[sblock=Summons]Pack Wolf—Summons 1
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6
Bite +10 vs. Reflex; 1d6+7 damage, and if the wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is knocked prone (+1d6 extra dmg).
Instinctive Effect:
If Karananak hasn't given the wolf any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent prone creature. If it can't do that, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.

Shadow Ape—Summons 5
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6, Climb 4
Slam +10 vs. Reflex; 1d8+7 damage, and all creatures have concealment from the target until the end of your next turn.
Instinctive Effect: If Karananak hasn't given the ape any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.[/sblock]
Character Sheet
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]hehe Karananak really knows how to step in it, in the interest of conversation. :p Though he doesn't really know when or if he's gone too far with his blistering charisma of 8!

You'll have to forgive my attempt at a Jamaican accent, just try to sound it out phonetically or use the translation below. :cool:[sblock=Translation]That's a whole lot of tension between the two you folks. I believe they have private rooms just up those steps if you need some place to be alone tonight.

Now who am I to judge another being for simply coming from another place. She was hurt and made a deal for my protection.

She's a good girl who is teaching me the language of the outer beings and protects me from fire, and she can be a truly gifted spy when occasion calls for it.

My only true foes are those corrupt things that should be allowed crawl out of the ground or shadows, or those that mean to do me harm.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases