I Want More Nentir Vale!

Lancelot

Adventurer
I'm currently playing in a fortnightly Nentir Vale game, and am enjoying it. Some of the things that I've particularly liked:

• The lack of established "lore" for the setting. There isn't 25 years of built-up history (e.g. Forgotten Realms), or a dozen splatbooks (e.g. Eberron). It's really up to the DM to stamp their own mark on it, which makes it somewhat unpredictable for the players.
  • Classic tropes. Kobolds, goblins, orcs, ogres, bandits. A dwarven hold. Ruined castles. Troll-infested swamps.
  • Keep on the Borderlands. Great nostalgia location.
I have high hopes for the upcoming Monster Vault (Threats to Nentir Vale), as marketing blurbs have suggested some "old classic" monsters. I would be indescribably thrilled if we see some Basic/Expert types such as: decapus, thouls, various giant beetles/lizards, phanaton, aranea, living statues or magen, new werecreatures, etc.

Klaus

First Post
I like it, and I want to see more of it. I want a little zoomed-out look at the Vale, a little zoomed-in look at Fallcrest (really, the entire Vale is a little light in the "urban setting" area).

But while I like the Nentir Vale, I'd like to see more "sandboxes" from the core world. I'd like to see a warmer setting, a coastal region, a desert... There are lots of cool things that simply have no place in the Nentir Vale (snake-infested jungles, back alley fights with pirates, etc). The geography is very limited, currently.

Scribble

First Post
I have high hopes for the upcoming Monster Vault (Threats to Nentir Vale), as marketing blurbs have suggested some "old classic" monsters. I would be indescribably thrilled if we see some Basic/Expert types such as: decapus, thouls, various giant beetles/lizards, phanaton, aranea, living statues or magen, new werecreatures, etc.

Apparently this one is going to be specific monsters of whatever type... So instead of another black dragon, for instance we'll get Swampy Face the Elder Black or something, along with his stats and flavor.

But while I like the Nentir Vale, I'd like to see more "sandboxes" from the core world. I'd like to see a warmer setting, a coastal region, a desert... There are lots of cool things that simply have no place in the Nentir Vale (snake-infested jungles, back alley fights with pirates, etc). The geography is very limited, currently.

Yeah- I kind of was just calling the whole setting Nentir Vale, not just that specific region... I would also like to see a lot of other regions in the same "style..."

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Every campaign, one-off or otherwise I've played so far has been set in the Vale, even the Scales of War campaign got altered to fit the Vale (although we're only 5-6 scenarios in).

I demand further geography!

WOTC you have titillated and tormented us with you Nentir Vale, we can stand no more...

Show us the world!

Pretty please.

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
Scribble, I must spread XP around ....

Sign me up for expanding beyond the Vale. I too really like what they have done with it, and we are ready for more.

Lift the Vale!

Scribble

First Post
Of course, if too much is developed about it, it turns into another Forgotten Realms... perhaps minus 1 archmage in each town but still...

Sure, eventually... I don't want it all at once though.

I don't want books and books of info, just more of an idea of what the world looks like, with just enough info to get my imagination going as I fill in the blanks.

Release a larger map showing the world, and a few cryptic locations plotted out, and some locations described in Dragon/Dungeon...

I'll be happy. :)

john112364

First Post
What I think would be cool is if some creative person would compile the currently known information into an article (or series of articles) so that we have a coherant reference. This would still leave room for exploration and homebrew development while giving us a cool setting. A timeline would be nice too.

Hey I can dream.;)

Remove ads