Help picking God of vengeance

scifi112233

First Post
Skip this if you don't want the back story and go to the question below.

So I just started playing D&D (3.5 of course) again after a little break and I've made an.. interesting character. I'm usually the one who plays the party trap/skill monkey and I do it with a smile on my face. However most of my past characters have been your, well, typical rogues. Rob Pierre the dashing human Chaotic Good rogue was my last one... etc etc. So in this new campaign that I've started playing I thought I'd mix it up. I made an 18 year old female chaotic neutral feytouched rogue. Who than transitioned into half fey and has levels in whirling dervish and cloaked dancer. Shes is definitely not the hardest or most skilled character I've ever played but shes interesting. Her mother is a desert fey who is captured and enslaved by human nobles of a tyrant desert nation. She bears the child of the prince of the land and my character grows up as a slave until she manages to escape at the sweet age of 12 and stabs her father (the prince) in the process. So my character makes her way into the world all scared impulsive and not trusting anyone. Well my DM liked her back story so much he dragged her back to the desert nation. My character was knocked out 5 times thrown off a ship and carried over someones shoulder and spent that entire session pretty much unconscious and getting whacked on the head every time she awoke or hit by rays of enfeeblement or enervation. Anyways everyone else was pissed at me for making so much trouble heading to find and unite some ancient group which happened to be where my character was from. And I told them my character would rather die than head back there. (I'm getting off topic but people are still pissed at me). So we find out my character's mother is being manipulated by the bad guys to become a walker of the waste and I'm third in line for succession even though I'm a slave. So she went and prayed to her God and pledged seek vengeance upon her father and the evil manipulative ranger that turned my character's mother to evil. My character's God (Haku) abandons her and says she must seek another for she is walking down a path he does not approve. He pionts her in the direction of Zoser his brother but i wanted to find my own God for vengeance.

Is there a good God for pure all consuming revenge? My character is a dancing character (dervish and cloaked dancer) so dancing would be nice. My DM recommended Zoser in game but the way he has shoved my character around is starting to get on my nerves so i was wondering if there was another suitable candidate.

Nebten

First Post
My DM recommended Zoser in game but the way he has shoved my character around is starting to get on my nerves so i was wondering if there was another suitable candidate.

At least that is better this his sister Zoster*. Man, her vengeance painful and at times very itchy. I would fear that hellspawn.

*and if you don't know kiddies, google it . . . with images.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Well usually if the revenge is *all consuming* that is an easy path to any of a number of quite evil gods (I mean, isn't this how paladins become blackguards?), but I don't think you want to go there. Erythnul is quite "all consuming revenge" friendly, but the trouble is you wouldn't stop at just one.

Maybe it depends on the form of revenge you are thinking of taking. Olidammera might work in some situations (rogue), Obad-hai in others (fey-touched).

Last edited:

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Nemesis - Goddess of revenge and retribution, also sent by the Greek gods to punish those who have committed the sin of Hubris. Source of the word Nemesis, hard to get closer to the root....

The Auld Grump

scifi112233

First Post
okay I've been browsing the list of Gods and noticed a small section for fey with a listing for The Queen of Air and Darkness (who i will refer to as Mab from now on). Now I know Mab is not a God technically but i feel my character might just turn to her for aid. Any thoughts on how I'd go about this?

P.S. My character is chaotic neutral but in this she is willing to do anything. I mean anything.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases