Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore HolyMan

HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC

Well this should keep me from having to go through all my PM's again to know what to keep and what to delete. I mean really how did I get to 70 so fast??

Closed Group (no recruiting sorry - and my other Carrion Crown games should still be a go will be checking in on that shortly)

@Mowgli - Tengu Inquisitor/Rogue
    @GlassEye - Human Alchemist/Ranger(skirmisher/beast master/vivisectionist)
    @perrinmiller - Half-Drow Sorcerer/Bard
    @Satin Knights - Cleric/Summoner

This is set for you to discuss what gestalt characters you might want to look into and any rules you think we should bring into a game like this.

Most notably would be Hero Points (yay or nay?) What sources?? I like to keep that limited but for this I was thinking of allowing the Pathfinder Chronicles - Campaign Setting and any feats, equipment or what not from there. And most notably the races section for making interesting characters. Play a Taldan?, Garundi?, or someone from the Mwangi Coast??

That would add to the RP I think.

No character gene yet I am working on it and would like some input. I see some of you were agains the extra HP, but I don't see that as much a difference just a way to free up a feat so you don't have to take toughness or give up your favored class bonus to HP.

But let us discuss. Thread is all yours.

EDIT: Gestalt Rules

HM

LINKS:
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing...-group-ic.html
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-...-group-rg.html
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing...-group-ct.html
    Last edited by HolyMan; Wednesday, 30th May, 2012 at 05:23 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore HolyMan
    Character Generation:

Allowed Sources: Core, APG, and Campaign Setting

1) Abilities: 15 pt buy, after each module you will be given 3 more points to and to your base totals. So that by the time we start the 6th module you will have made a character by using 30 pts.

2) Races: Core. Note: Bestiary races to be allowed with a good reason concept/background.

3) Classes: Any from sources

4) Skills, Feats, Traits: Only allowing one trait from the APG only. A second trait may be taken from the upcoming Carrion Crown Player's Guide. Skills and feats should run normally unless we decide on something else later.

5) Equipment: Max GP from highest classes Starting GP + 50gp

6) Starting HP: Looks like Max from lowest HD class + 1/2 from highest HD class + misc (HP/lvl = Highest HD class MAX -2)

Advancing...
    placeholder

HM
    Last edited by HolyMan; Sunday, 3rd April, 2011 at 05:27 AM.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

Ignore perrinmiller
    I would like to use the AGP and some of the playable races from the bestiary and bestiary 2. I have no definite plans yet, but I want the option.

Of all the characters I have in my stable, I am missing an arcane caster so maybe that would be my first choice.

But I mentioned this to Mowgli in a PM, we should decide on roles first. We should have at least one healer, one rogue type, one tank, and one fire support. But with gestalt rules then everyone can take a spellcaster class and this means we can be balanced and redundent.

So if it is easier, everyone could come up with their top two ideas and then see what we have. Maybe we will naturally be balanced.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Mowgli
    I think it would be fine to allow mixing a primary and a secondary casting class. TBH, I disallowed it in my game purely as a matter of personal convenience - I use HeroLab to keep up with characters and track combats, and I had to custom build the Gestalt classes for the party in that program. HL isn't built to allow a single class character to have two different casting sources, so unless I put the restriction in place I couldn't have used the program.

(Luckily, both of the players running such combos agreed to take the spell-less archetypes).
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore perrinmiller
    If Hero Lab is really the reason, then maybe it should be open for discussion then. At one point I was thinking Sorcerer & Druid but had to immediately toss that idea out the window.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore HolyMan
    I see your point on the need now not later but the point of the build as you go is to have a time when you weren't as great as you are now. So it is a ro choice I believe it will add to the experience to think back and say...

Hmmm I remember when this guy wouldn't even been able to make that roll with a nat 20, but now it's near automatic.

I would allow for double spell casters. I don't think that to serious as not to many of you will take the option you will still need a meat shield or two.

HM

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore perrinmiller
    In that case, the realm of possibilities just opened wide. Sorc/Bard, Sorc/Witch, Sorc/Sommoner, and even Sorc/Cleric.

Whoa, back to the drawing board then.

Who's going to have healing for sure? Afg still planning a cleric gestalt (I don't remember)?

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore HolyMan
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMan View Post
    Character Generation:

Allowed Sources: Core, APG, and Campaign Setting

1) Abilities: 15 pt buy, after each module you will be given 3 more points to and to your base totals. So that by the time we start the 6th module you will have made a character by using 30 pts.

2) Races: Core. Note: Bestiary races to be allowed with a good reason concept/background.

3) Classes: Any from sources

4) Skills, Feats, Traits: Only allowing one trait from the APG only. Skills and feats should run normally unless we decide on something else later.

5) Equipment: Max GP from highest classes Starting GP + 50gp

6) Starting HP: Looks like Max from lowest HD class + 1/2 from highest HD class + misc (HP/lvl = Highest HD class MAX -2)

Enough to get started I think and the above is not set in stone till we start rolling up characters.

HM
    Maybe it wasn't updated I have added from the talks and added in equipment. What does everyone think of this?

HM

Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Mowgli
    My wierdness has me thinking (as HM said) of a Dhampir Inquisitor/Rogue. So he'd fill the skill monkey role/flanking/trapfinding role, along with providing good knowledge of foes so we'd have a good read on weaknesses.

The Dhampir have negative energy affinity, so if I go this route the channel energy aspect for other characters would need to be discussed.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore perrinmiller
    Do we need to discuss alignment first? I was assuming that playing an adventure path meant being pretty much a good party, rather than evil.

Do I need to ask about my half-drow elf again? Or is that a no, don't ask. I do have that evil sorceress, Frivin, that I was going to use in Lughart's game which I have almost written off as never getting off the ground.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast