HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well this should keep me from having to go through all my PM's again to know what to keep and what to delete. I mean really how did I get to 70 so fast??

Closed Group (no recruiting sorry - and my other Carrion Crown games should still be a go will be checking in on that shortly)

@Mowgli - Tengu Inquisitor/Rogue
@GlassEye - Human Alchemist/Ranger(skirmisher/beast master/vivisectionist)
@perrinmiller - Half-Drow Sorcerer/Bard
@Satin Knights - Cleric/Summoner

This is set for you to discuss what gestalt characters you might want to look into and any rules you think we should bring into a game like this.

Most notably would be Hero Points (yay or nay?) What sources?? I like to keep that limited but for this I was thinking of allowing the Pathfinder Chronicles - Campaign Setting and any feats, equipment or what not from there. And most notably the races section for making interesting characters. Play a Taldan?, Garundi?, or someone from the Mwangi Coast??

That would add to the RP I think.

No character gene yet I am working on it and would like some input. I see some of you were agains the extra HP, but I don't see that as much a difference just a way to free up a feat so you don't have to take toughness or give up your favored class bonus to HP.

But let us discuss. Thread is all yours.

EDIT: Gestalt Rules

HM

LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/303249-carrion-crown-closed-group-ic.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/284482-carrion-crown-closed-group-rg.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/302071-carrion-crown-closed-group-ct.html

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Character Generation:

Allowed Sources: Core, APG, and Campaign Setting

1) Abilities: 15 pt buy, after each module you will be given 3 more points to and to your base totals. So that by the time we start the 6th module you will have made a character by using 30 pts.

2) Races: Core. Note: Bestiary races to be allowed with a good reason concept/background.

3) Classes: Any from sources

4) Skills, Feats, Traits: Only allowing one trait from the APG only. A second trait may be taken from the upcoming Carrion Crown Player's Guide. Skills and feats should run normally unless we decide on something else later.

5) Equipment: Max GP from highest classes Starting GP + 50gp

6) Starting HP: Looks like Max from lowest HD class + 1/2 from highest HD class + misc (HP/lvl = Highest HD class MAX -2)

Advancing...
placeholder

HM

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I would like to use the AGP and some of the playable races from the bestiary and bestiary 2. I have no definite plans yet, but I want the option. ;)

Of all the characters I have in my stable, I am missing an arcane caster so maybe that would be my first choice.

But I mentioned this to Mowgli in a PM, we should decide on roles first. We should have at least one healer, one rogue type, one tank, and one fire support. But with gestalt rules then everyone can take a spellcaster class and this means we can be balanced and redundent.

So if it is easier, everyone could come up with their top two ideas and then see what we have. Maybe we will naturally be balanced. :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
My wierdness has me thinking (as HM said) of a Dhampir Inquisitor/Rogue. So he'd fill the skill monkey role/flanking/trapfinding role, along with providing good knowledge of foes so we'd have a good read on weaknesses.

The Dhampir have negative energy affinity, so if I go this route the channel energy aspect for other characters would need to be discussed.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Do we need to discuss alignment first? I was assuming that playing an adventure path meant being pretty much a good party, rather than evil.

Do I need to ask about my half-drow elf again? Or is that a no, don't ask. :p I do have that evil sorceress, Frivin, that I was going to use in Lughart's game which I have almost written off as never getting off the ground.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I was looking at True Neutral for alignment. I actually prefer playing good characters, and I'm not sure I could pull off an evil character - or that I'd like playing one for the duration of a full adventure path. Inquisitor requires an alignment w/in one step of the deity's; as Norgorber is NE, TN makes the cut.

My concern for the character I'm looking at wasn't so much for alignment as for the fact that he can't be healed by positive energy (he'll actually be hurt by it) so the feat allowing for excluding specific characters from channeling will be of great benefit. Not necessary as long as we get some tactics worked out ahead of time but definitely beneficial.

APs are written with the assumption that it'll be a neutral to good party going through, but Paizo's better than most I've seen at allowing for evil parties. I don't know anything about this AP in particular other than the general idea that it's got strong horror influences - which to me says undead, but that may not be the case.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I wish the Player's Guide were out now...

I'm fine with neutral to good but I have the feeling this may be an AP hard on paladins and lawful good types. Not that I'm planning on playing that, just sayin'.

I've recently become interested in trying to reskin the alchemist but the idea is still pretty nebulous and I'm not sure what I would couple it with. I've briefly toyed with the idea of a Cavalier/Cleric but I don't want to be bound to that idea. I also have the idea for a 'cursed' character, descendant of a witch-hunter, a cavalier/ranger whose ranger combat style is natural combat. The last idea is obviously the most developed and it's the one I favor. It might work just as well as ranger/alchemist. I'll have to think on it (not like we don't have plenty of time).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Have takin' the second post and edited into a character gene spot, to get the discussion rolling.

Now I think knowing how HP will work would help with some of your combo thinking.

One way we could do it is:

At 1st lvl MAX (from lowest HD class) + 1/2 MAX (from highest HD class) + CON = starting HP

So a Fighter/Wizard would have 11 + CON to start... a Barbarian/Rogue would have 12 + CON

A little jump in the HP to start but nothing dramatic unless you take two martial class and then you really should have high HP. (Barbarian/Fighter = 16 + CON)

If you like this let me know I am still working on what to do for lvl ups. So many options.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Yeah, it really would be nice if Paizo would put out the Player's Guides the month before the AP is due out. Might serve to whet the appetite a little, as well as allowing players/GMs to start some prep work. I'd recommend holding off on trait selection until the PG comes out, or at least reserving one trait for use from the guide. There's almost always something in there that's useful in the game, both for integrating the characters and with an actual mechanical advantage.

Another option for me would be to go with Pharasma rather than Norgorber. I'd still get the Death domain as an option, but without the evil overtones.

EDIT: Just saw we're only taking one trait, so I'd recommend saving your trait selection until the PG comes out. Or possibly HM would agree to allow two, but rule that one of them must be from the Player's Guide. (If I were starting either of my AP games at this point, that's likely the route I'd go).

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
HM, I thought you'd said 20 point buy initially for abilities. 15 points is really tough when you're trying to build a Gestalt class as your two classes are almost certain to rely on different abilities. It's doable, of course, and I'm not complaining - just putting in my two cents.

For the HP, I'm happy to take the higher of the two classes' HD, Max at level one and Max -2 at subsequent levels. Anything more is welcome, of course, but you might want to limit any extras (just to offset the chance of a single crit by a bad guy ending our career at a stage when we can't really get brought back) to first level.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases