HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I wouldn't be opposed to a re-working of the group. We wouldn't restart the game but thed new group would start at the gates to Harrowstone on the trail of The Whispering Way.

Again discuss as a group if this is what you would like then let me know.

HM

Qik

First Post
Hey All! My thanks for having me aboard - I've *always* wanted to play Carrion Crown, so it's nice to have the opportunity to do so with such a good group.

I'm still turning over ideas for my character. I'd prefer to play a front-line melee-er, which seems like it would fit well into the group as it stands, changes pending. Before I start throwing out the specifics, HM, do you have any character creation guidelines I can look to? Are you opposed to any classes/sources/archetypes? How about races? etc etc.

Really looking forward to it! Thanks again for having me join you.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Hey, Qik! Welcome aboard! You can find the Gestalt rules we used here. It was a 15 point buy, and HM had a system to award extra point buy points at the end of each module. The discussions should be somewhere near the beginning of this thread, but I'm not sure exactly where.

I may end up sticking with Inquisitor//Rogue, but was considering combining Inq with Fighter or Barbarian. One nice thing about Gestalt is everyone can get a good Melee (or Ranged) class along with a "party role."

Qik

First Post
Many thanks, Mowgli. That clears up some questions (I had wondered how multiclassing worked - sensible solution).

My dream build at the moment is probably a Summoner//Lore Warden, with a bipedal, polearm-wielding eidolon. I think that'd be hella fun, but I also recognize that that'd be encroaching on Satin Knights' territory. So I'm trying to find alternatives.

I had thought of a Synthesist//Fighter (Brawler), but I'm not convinced with the character ideas that I've had associated with that sort of a build. So I'm still thinking.

I've had the idea for a switch hitter alchemist for a while, but I'm not sure if I could pull it off satisfactorily with a 15 point buy, although obviously gestalt helps a bit on that.

Edit: also, I'm curious - if choosing two spellcasting classes isn't allowed, how do we have a Summoner//Cleric and Sorcerer//Bard?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Oh, yeah! I forgot about that part. I originally put this take on Gestalt in place for one of my games; if I remember right HM and the others didn't have my concerns about the power curve with combining two casting classes so it was decided to toss that part.

In addition to my power curve worries, I put that in because I use HeroLab to manage my games and there's no way to make a Gestalt class in HL that combines two casting classes.

Qik

First Post
Yeah, that's kind of how I was feeling, which is probably why I like the idea of going fighter on one side - that's about as un-MAD as you can get with a martial class.

Satin Knights

First Post
Don't worry about stepping on my toes. Marshan and Toddy, the battle llama, are headed down the precise strike flank attack path.

Synthesist//Ranger-Skirmisher has definite front line strengths. The Lore Warden build looks interesting as well. Either as a summoner or a synthesist. Play anything you want. We have healing and weapons. So, the necessities are covered.

Qik

First Post
Thanks, SK. I'll keep brainstorming, but I think in that case I'll likely go Summoner//Lore Warden.

Also, minor question: how did you all settle on doing HP upon leveling? I'd seen the discussion earlier in this thread, but didn't see a conclusion.

Edit: Another question - could the human alternative racial trait "Eye for Talent" be applied to the eidolon?

Question 3: Should I purchase my gear assuming WBL for 2?

Thanks for weathering all my questions!

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
I might end up having Loh (my PC) and/or Kih (my eidolon) take Precise Strike as well. Having four of us running around with it would be wicked.

Right now I'm waffling on whether to take Maneuver Master or Lore Warden opposite vanilla Summoner. There are advantages to each. I was kind of hoping to play the characters Chaotic Good, though, so that would rule out the monk, especially the eidolon, whom I picture as a shoot-first-ask-questions-later type. We'll see.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases