HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Oops, there goes our 4th. We will need to find another soon before getting too far, maybe. Got anyone in mind, guys? I am a little picky who I play with so I am not a fan of just open recruitment.

re: Dual Spellcasters. I see your point. With a Sorc/Cleric, that would sort of be like that if the cleric side was focused on buffing and healing.

Sorc/Bard would also bring a buffing and healing spell selection on that side. I never really considered a bard as a full spellcaster either. I was going to look into this one first as it provides more skills and armored casting that would carry over to the sorcerer spells as well I would think.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
RE: Dual Spellcasters - Yep. Sorcerer/Wizard becomes pretty outrageous as well; Sorcerer focuses his limited spell selection on Combat and Defense, Wizard focuses on utility, buffs, etc. The character then has very versatile combat casting - and a LOT of it - as well as a huge array of utility spells potentially available.

RE: 4th Player - Not sure, but I'm thinking about it. Games where I've done specific invitations rather than open recruitment seem to last longer and the party seems to gel more readily, so that's my preference as well.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Scotley always comes up with cool characters, and he's a good player. I can't remember if any of you have gamed with him or not.

He's fairly time limited, but I could see if he's willing to commit to a post a day rate.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Never played with him, so dunno. What about some of the other regulars in LPF? I am hesitant to ask any new members (he says having only joined the site last March). Staying power is always suspect. Perhaps we should discuss this in PMs maybe?

Satin Knights

First Post
And I win the lottery for new guy to invite! Thanks. I am waffling between Skirmishing Beast Master Ranger/Summoner and Cleric/Summoner. I agree we need one true blue cleric. So, that tips the scale unless someone else wants to be a cleric. Scratch that, unless two others want to be clerics. Having two clerics in a party is always good.

So, Cleric of Erastil, (Feather and Growth)/Summoner with a quadruped, front line fighting with flanking pet. Aasimar seems to be the go to race, although goblin does look entertaining.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey SK welcome aboard.

Glad the party will have a cleric (I'm partial to them myself :p). I play an Erastil worshiping Cleric in Curse of the Crimson Throne isn't the favored weapon longbow? So a flanking buddy not sure but build what you wish.

I will update the first post now and if you all wish I will put an RG up tomorrow for concepts to be posted.

HM

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Welcome SK, glad you like clerics. lol

Reading above I think we are in good stead with healing. The Inquisitor build and the Alchemist build will have some secondary healing, if I recall.

I am thinking about a Sorc/Bard and will have access to some cure spells as well later on.

Here are some links to on-line pathfinder character sheets:
Plothook Character Profiler :: Index - News
DnD Sheets

Though for dndsheets you might have to double register to get into the sheets section still. Not sure they fixed it. And you have to manually add in your 3 points for class skills. But they have a bigger PF logo. :p

Satin Knights

First Post
May I have the Heirloom Weapon trait (Lucerne Hammer) from the Adventurer's Armory? Without it, I would be stuck to simple weapons and a bow. That, combined with one bad save, slower BAB, and few skill points are trying to tip the scale back to ranger. Burning a feat to get a good weapon would mean I don't take selective channeling. If I do get the hammer, I will be in the awesome territory for damage, but we are all supposed to be in that category as gestalts.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I am looking at Sorc/Bard. Since it is a melding of the two classes in the gestalt I am wondering something.

Arcane Casting in Light Armor. Under normal multi-classing that is a "No" on the Sorcerer spells. But this is a melding, so I think the answer would be "yes" in this case.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases