HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC

Satin Knights

First Post
The weapon is in the APG as a martial weapon (p.178). I was just asking for the Heirloom Weapon Trait from the AA so I wouldn't have to burn a feat for it or go half-elf.

The Selective Channeling may be waiting for a bit.

I liked the "very old" Unearthed Arcana. You got so many weapons based on your class, and added more as you leveled. I also liked weapon speed back then. A high dex dagger fighter against a greatsword fighter could win many times.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
True I like building characters that are ok I hit a lot but do little damage or I hit once in a while but do mega damage. So in the end it evens out. Just depends on the type you like to RP.

I actually like my gestalts to be like multi-classing but we will play with the rules Mowgli has they are balanced and will be fun.

So your saying you don't like playing half-elves? Or that burning a feat isn't fair to get an odd (optimum) weapon choice?

HM

Satin Knights

First Post
No, I am saying I want the darkvision and elemental resistances more. I am going with the aasimar as first choice, but the half elf was the second choice. I will burn the feat and get the weapon I want. That is fine. I can flow with any rules you want to set easily. I run a variant of this character in PFS as a human. So, I can downgrade easily. Still pondering the race though, so it might change. I am off to run a PFS mod now, back later tonight.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Why do you ask? It seems a good balance for gestalt rules and allowing Bestiary races.

I wasn't sure it had been decided which point buy we were using since I haven't been closely following the outcome of rules discussions. Sorry, I'm pretty flexible when it comes to what rules we're using and figured I would let you all hash that part out and ended up losing track a bit.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Thanks! I'll take a look and start getting some stuff down.

Edit: By the way, my character idea is human Ranger (Shapeshifter)/Alchemist (if I can get it to fit the concept properly).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Are you thinking he made/drank something that is slowly turning him into a beast man? And at third lvl will you be able to use your alchemist abilities when in the blessed form?

You don't turn into an animal just gain the aspects of one until lvl 20 then I think you can become an animal. So I guess yes you could.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Character Generation:

Allowed Sources: Core, APG, and Campaign Setting

1) Abilities: 15 pt buy, after each module you will be given 3 more points to and to your base totals. So that by the time we start the 6th module you will have made a character by using 30 pts.

2) Races: Core. Note: Bestiary races to be allowed with a good reason concept/background.

3) Classes: Any from sources

4) Skills, Feats, Traits: Only allowing one trait from the APG only. Skills and feats should run normally unless we decide on something else later.

5) Equipment: Max GP from highest classes Starting GP + 50gp

6) Starting HP: Looks like Max from lowest HD class + 1/2 from highest HD class + misc (HP/lvl = Highest HD class MAX -2)

Enough to get started I think and the above is not set in stone till we start rolling up characters.

HM

Maybe it wasn't updated :erm: I have added from the talks and added in equipment. What does everyone think of this?

HM

GlassEye

Adventurer
Stacking of abilities is one of the things I need to check out thoroughly.

The rough idea is that an ancestor (grandfather or great grandfather) was a celebrated witch hunter. He hunted down one of the most powerful witches in Ustalav at the time and fought through her guardian pack of wolves killing them all. The witch cursed him as she died that he and eight generations of his descendants would be haunted/possessed by the angry spirits of her wolves.

The witch hunter's behavior changed: he developed a taste for blood and would fly into rages. Realizing what was happening to him he walked into the lake surrounding his manor and drowned himself leaving his wife and young son to survive without him.

The son (my character's father) grew up dark and moody of temperament, distinguished himself in several battles and acquired a knighthood for himself much like his father. Aside from the moodiness life was fairly normal and he married and had children. He snapped, killed his family (with the exception of my character who survived the attack) with his bare hands and teeth then threw himself off the battlements. His liege adopted the pc.

PC grew up and eventually returned to the ancestral home where he is atttempting to find a way to void the curse. Divine magic has failed so he is delving into darker alchemies to control the dark moods. Not very successfully, though.

The shapeshifting and mutagens are supposed to represent the manifestation of the curse, mutagens and extracts his attempt to control it. He won't like witches or lycanthropes (to close to his own curse) or wolves.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great concept and I bet he will be a fun PC to play as he keeps his temper in check. No race listed but I assume human.

Also see where you were leaning towards cavalier still a possibility if you think the ability mods for shifting and mutagenes won't stack.

HM

Remove ads