HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
For traits, I still think it would be a very good idea to allow one from the APG and one from the Carrion Crown Player's Guide (when it comes out).

My only regret regarding forming the parties for Legacy of Fire and Serpent's Skull before the guides came out has been the lack of PC traits from those works. Having them would have simplified life (a little) for me as a GM and for the PCs.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I still would rather start at 25 pt buy and forget the increased between modules, but that's me. :p

I agree with Mowgli, one trait now and one form the new book later.

Everything else is fine.

I wrote down Firvinianna Laali on paper for a Sorc/Bard and also a Sorc/Rogue. But I still haven't decided yet. Mostly because I am trying to decide on whether I want to go the Arcane Archer route or not. Since Firvin's background is pretty much already written (including tramp stamp ;)) I just need to figure out the build itself to make sure I will be happy with it in the long run.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I think it was the early start and the way we were given the assignment in Serpent Skull that led to those traits being unneeded/unused. I was a little upset that there were no new feats or spells to take later in the PG.

I like the idea one trait from the APG and one from Carrion Crowns Player's Guide. Will edit it in.

Update: Release for the first module is March 16th so the players guide should be out around then.

HM

Satin Knights

First Post
Since I am thinking about the possibility of heavier armor, can we slow down a standard action casting to a full round (or even a full minute) casting in order to avoid the Arcane Spell Failure?

It is a nice house rule to avoid the "take five minutes to take my armor off, spend 6 seconds casting, and then another five minutes to put my armor back on" issues, but still keeps the spell out of combat unless you risk the failure chance. I know you want to minimize house rules, but it is a nice compromise, and would affect my spell choices.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I really don't see the need. You can summon your eidolon and use your SLA to summon monsters in heavy armor. Why start with no ASF?? Where is the fun in that. I think it is something you should over come as you adventure.

There are a dozen ways I'm sure to do this. Scrolls and wands. Leaving your spells for emergencies. Later find/buy celestial armor which would be +9 armor, +8 max dex, -2 ACP and 0% arcane failure for your character since it is considered light armor. And would fit your character being an Aasimar. But if we use the houserule why give him that?

I am missing something not knowing exactly what you are thinking of as the roll for this character. I hope we can find is niche within the rules and I guarantee that once I know where you are going I will help you along the way to getting there. It's my job as the DM.

HM

Satin Knights

First Post
If I was going to go with breastplate armor for me, and mage armor on the eidolon, our ACs would be relatively decent. But, if I have to spend 10 minutes time taking off my armor so I don't blow the 25% miss chance it forces a change in plans. Yes, I want the celestial armor, but that will be about a year or two away. And the armor mastery route is two feats, which would also be a long time away.

If the answer is yes, I could take longer buff spells for the summoner side, start with +2AC for me, and cast those buffs ti-chi style.
If the answer is no, I start limited to chain shirt, and go for faster attack spells on the summoner side.
Since everyone is going to insist on me taking haste as soon as it is available, and I wouldn't have the celestial armor by then, I would have to do the light armor only at 4th level anyways.

Role for the character: Smash mouth battle cleric. Work hard, party hard, bar brawling good ole boy that wanders the natural world, even though he and his companion are not a part of nature. Commanded by his god to fix the minor problems as he finds them. Never comfortable in high society or formal settings, but will visit a dragon or satyr to chat and learn it's stories and tales. (Oh, defender of dragons too. Will work against anyone attempting to challenge the grand beasts.)
Side note: Dragons are nature's safety valve for ambition. It is easy to accumulate power. It is easy to think you are invincible. Eventually most fall into the ego trap of "I can kill a dragon" and will try. The dragons weed out the foolish ones that think they can wield great power without consequences. There are more princes buried in dragon outhouses than castle cemeteries.

Next question: How many hit points for the eidolon? At first level, and for his normal progression too? They generally start hit point starved, and this gestalt thing throws a kink in the process too.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The answer is no to house rules. There are ways around your ASF. Now you want a battle hardened smash you in the face cleric. And that build is easy. I would be thinking of Summoner as little added bonuses. The eidolon for fighting with, the SLA when needed, and a few extra spells. Because summoner really doesn't add much else HD the same, skill points the same with only a few different add-ons as class skills(all knowledge is nice but then that will be the bards department), and most features are related to the eidolon.

So the only draw back (ASF) you wish for me to houserule out and I really can't justify it. I can help you play through it and when you reach a higher lvl it will be either gone or negligible. But your one weakness (as I see it) needs to be worked on not written out/over.

Since the eidolon can't die just play the HP normal I guess.

HM

Satin Knights

First Post
Ok. No is fine, I will just have a lot of little questions as I plan out this character a little bit. As I said before, any set of rules is fine. I only fail if I don't ask the question.

HP as normal? PFS normal of (1/2 round down) + (1/2 round up) + (repeat ...)
or LFP normal of (max first) + (max -2) + (max -2) ...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I would say normal as in max at 1st lvl and roll after that. But that is silly. To much within the regular rules. The PFS system looks good as it might keep the eidolon from become better than most of the other characters.

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases